CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, Version 3.2 - Printable Version
+- Save-Point (http://save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Material Development (/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Scripts Database (/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, Version 3.2 (/thread-2298.html)
CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - habs11 - 03-23-2009 07:26 AM
hey charlie, like the update with the new formulas and everything else. just had a quick question for you. i tried to apply the single/all effect to healing spells, but when i used them in battle the cursor automatically went to the enemy instead of the allies. so it healed all enemies instead of all allies. is there any way to change this? if not, so be it. no problem. thanks.
to yin above ^. i could be wrong but im pretty sure that priority just means that the character will get the first action in battle. same as "initiative" in the FF series.
CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Charlie Fleed - 03-23-2009 02:37 PM
habs11 Wrote:hey charlie, like the update with the new formulas and everything else. just had a quick question for you. i tried to apply the single/all effect to healing spells, but when i used them in battle the cursor automatically went to the enemy instead of the allies. so it healed all enemies instead of all allies. is there any way to change this? if not, so be it. no problem. thanks.Yeah, priority=initiative=first turn in battle.
Single/all is meant to be used only for skills that target enemies. Now, this is something I could work on in the future.
EDIT: The new demo features a new command for the actors that in combination with forced actions allows you to make scripted battles to some extent.
It's $game_actors.get_next_turn. Previously, with battle events, you could assign a forced action to an actor, but he/she had to wait for his/her turn to execute it, whereas now you can give the actor the immediate next turn after the command is executed.
CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Yin - 03-23-2009 07:27 PM
So if I put priority on during battle, will it work like the intrude skill like in wild arms 4. It's like a take over skill when she uses it she gets 2 turns in a row.
Or does it only work for the first action?
CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Charlie Fleed - 03-23-2009 07:37 PM
Priority only means that the actor gets the first turn, like in FFX.
As I said, during the battle you can manipulate the next turn with $game_actors.get_next_turn, which has nothing to do with the actor being in the Priority state.
CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Yin - 03-23-2009 07:53 PM
If I make a skill with that as a common event, will it update the turns window too?
EDIT: Well, it worked but it didn't update. Also, It only worked for 1 turn. So I used this in a script command right after get next turn
$game_actors.next_action_time = 1
It kind of worked, but then it started giving more than it was supposed to. I thought I figured it out, but I didn't. I'm no scripter, so I don't even know if that's the correct way to do it. I just kind of skimmed through the script for that.
CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Charlie Fleed - 03-23-2009 10:59 PM
Yin, please explain what you're trying to do, what is your objective?
CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Yin - 03-23-2009 11:05 PM
I'm trying to make it so that when you use the skill, the target or the user gets 2 turns instead of 1. Not including the turn used to use the skill.
EDIT: I get an error sometimes in battle. The error is on line 252 and on that line is:
The error is:
Script 'Super Arts 1.6' Line 252: NoMethodError occured
undefined method super_arts_points= for #game_enemy:0x3d424f8
Usually when I get an error, I just figure it out on my own, but I haven't been able to fix this one.
EDIT: I don't know what was wrong, but I fixed it.
CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Hasdiel - 03-27-2009 10:47 PM
Hello Charlie. First of all I would like to say that your script is wonderful and that I plan to use it for my first game. With that said there are certain things I would like to customize/do that I donât know if it can be done or how to do it. Iâm pretty new to RMXP and I have almost no experience with RGSS
Basically I want two different sets of SA bars. The first one I would be called the âStuntâ bar and it would be relatively short and would fill quickly. I also want the Stunt bar to be vertical next to the character picture as in Status Window Style 2. When the bar is filled I want it to double the effect of the next ability the character uses. In action the Stunt command would appear when ready, if you want to use it then select it and then select the action you want to Stunt and the character performs the action. Preferably I would like to be able to Stunt everything damage or healing effect the character can do. For the second bar I would call it âAnima Fluxâ and I want it to fill slower and only when skills with the CMD Essence element are used. I would keep this bar were you have it at for the default setting for Status Window Style 2 and this would give access to a Summon Type 3 command when ready.
To recap here is what I want to know how to do in list form.
1. Can you make multiple SA bars?
2. Is it possible to give the active character a free action (one to select the Stunt command so the play may then immediately select the action to be stunted.)
3. Can I use a one action multiplier (it would be really broken if after the first Stunt every action afterward was multiplied).
4. I looked through the formula for how the SA bar fills but it seems like it takes the maximum bar size into account so I canât just make the bar shorter to make it fill faster. Any ideas?
5. I tried to change the position of the one SA bar in the demo but all I was able to do was make the bar thicker or thinner. I also have no idea how to make it vertical like I want it for the Stunt bar.
6. So far you have 3 methods to fill the SA bar, taking damage, doing damage, and healing allies with the last version. Is it possible to fill the SA bar from only an action of a particular CMD element (no matter the effect of damage or healing the skill does).
Any help at all would be great. I know that is a pretty tall order up there so I donât expect you to solve it all but any help would be great and maybe one of my requests will make a good addition to your BS.
CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Charlie Fleed - 03-28-2009 12:42 AM
Yin Wrote:I'm trying to make it so that when you use the skill, the target or the user gets 2 turns instead of 1. Not including the turn used to use the skill.Uhm, the fastest way to do it I think would be a state. The skill casts the state on the actor, the state lasts exactly two turns and it resets the next_action_time to 0 at the end of the turn, thus granting the actor the next turn.
*script script script code code code*
I have just coded this for the next version and it works pretty well.
This way, however, wouldn't show the consecutive turns in the turns window.
Hasdiel Wrote:1. Can you make multiple SA bars?
1) That would require to duplicate the code wherever superarts are involved, it is possible but it requires time and work. I'm adopting a policy to put myself into this trouble only for serious advanced projects... and first game doesn't smell good, I don't know you and maybe you're gonna do the best game ever, but I've seen many first games ending abandoned, let me be precautious.
2) Yes indeed. There's this get_next_turn method that can be called as I said a few posts ago.
3) Similarly to Yin's case, I think that a one-turn-lasting state would do the trick. The state however, should be supported by the BS in order to do the effect that you want, as it's not something you can obtain with regular states. The above mentioned policy applies here as well.
4) That's easy. Give me the formula you want.
5) Moving the bar -> simple, making it vertical -> policy :D
See where it says:
the position is described by the first two args, try 'actor_x+5', 'actor_y-7'...
6) Adding SA points only when skills of a given category are used actually makes a good new feature for the future =) stay tuned for this one
CTB - A Final Fantasy X-like Battle System, version 3.1 (NEW Jul 4 2010) - Hasdiel - 03-28-2009 03:59 AM
Thanks for the reply. I see your point about not wanting to sink a lot of time into a unknown project so that is ok. I guess I'll just have to wow you with chapter 1 and maybe then you will would more willing to crunch the code for me.
As for the formula for SA points, I don't have an exact idea right this moment. Ideally some sort of formula which I could adjust so I could test it out and change things. My ideal mark is one full bar out of every 3 to 4 actions given that the character does something to gain SA points every action. I like a more offensive style of play so I will have the SA set to fill from damage done by the characters.
Over all I'm going to amend my ideas for the first part to only one SA bar (Stunt bar) and I will just come up with some interesting abilities for each character instead of the multiplier. They won't be overwhelmingly powerful because I want them to be used frequently but with thought toward tactics instead of spamming an uber move. Possible ideas will be an Essence regen (Essence = MP), super block, and some attacks like a double attack possibly.
So any help with a SA point formula would be great and I'll be out of your hair until I have something to show.