Save-Point
Herb Digging MiniGame - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Material Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Scripts Database (https://www.save-point.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: Herb Digging MiniGame (/thread-5295.html)

Pages: 1 2

Herb Digging MiniGame - DerVVulfman - 10-05-2014

Herb Digging MiniGame

Version: 1.3

Introduction
This lets the game developer make a minigame where the player must dig up a herb withoug cutting the root while racing against a timer. Nimble fingers are a must when dealing with herbs/plants with extensive roots.

Demo
(Click)

Instructions

Built into the script.

Credits

AnimalX3 for the original version from 2008, Eagleeye1990 who suggested a 'success switch' feature, and finalholylight who suggested selfswitches.

Compatibility
Designed for use with RPGMaker XP.

RE: Herb Digging MiniGame - yamina-chan - 10-05-2014

More thinsg for me to test XD
Sounds interesting, I'll try that out after I'm done messing arround with your textfile extractor =)

RE: Herb Digging MiniGame - Charlie Fleed - 10-06-2014

I think you should make a youtube channel about the hundreds of scripts you made. Not about the configuration, just show the demo while you use them and explain what they do.

RE: Herb Digging MiniGame - finalholylight - 10-08-2014

Nice script, but would you mind add "self-switch" to script, because if you have many herb-digging locations in your game, you will use too many switches.

RE: Herb Digging MiniGame - DerVVulfman - 10-09-2014

(10-08-2014, 08:25 AM)finalholylight Wrote: Nice script, but would you mind add "self-switch" to script, because if you have many herb-digging locations in your game, you will use too many switches.
Self Switches? Fine... fine... fine... I'll do that.

OH, WAIT! I did. Very happy + Tongue sticking out

New BUMP to version 1.2.... You can now use a normal switch, or an array that holds the ID of an event and its self-switch letter (like so: ['6', "A"] ).

RE: Herb Digging MiniGame - RASHIDA12 - 02-25-2016

Dear VVulfman, there is a littile bug.
For example: If im about to make a flower who gives me 10 items if I dig it, it always gives only 1 one of it despite the fact that I wrote someting else.

Like this:
$scene = Scene_Herb.new(33, 2, 30,
6, 17)
Now, it should give me 17 times of Item 33, when I dig it. Right? But it only gives me one of it everytime. Hm...

RE: Herb Digging MiniGame - DerVVulfman - 02-26-2016

Twenty five downloads, and no one noticed until now?

Hey, Melana.   We now have a...
BUMP
to version 1.3

This fixes the script... particularly a bug on like 495 where it didn't give you the @amount of herbs defined.

RE: Herb Digging MiniGame - RASHIDA12 - 02-28-2016

I've a question.
How do I change the volume of the sounds of the scirpt? I mean the Audio/SE/129-Earth01 when I dig.
And how do I choose a custom sound when I succesfully dig a herb. I mean beside from the original victory theme.

RE: Herb Digging MiniGame - DerVVulfman - 02-28-2016

The bulk of this script is still AnimalX3's, so I did nearly 'nothing' to the original other than the suggested changes by Eagleeye1990 and FinalHolyLight. However, the changes you wish are easy.

Your typical Audio call is ( Filename, volume, pitch ), so when you find line 480 reading ...
Code:
Audio.se_play(Herb::DIRT_DIG_SE)
... you can change it to ...
Code:
Audio.se_play(Herb::DIRT_DIG_SE, 80,100)
... to reduce volume to just 80% of normal.

Likewise, you can do the same to the fail sound effect on line 460.

And the traditional 'battle end' music was hard-coded on line 492. You could replace the line with ...
Code:
Audio.me_play("Audio/SE/012-Gag01",80,100)

RE: Herb Digging MiniGame - Cortez - 03-14-2016

Hi i've just tested your demo.
And i love this system, could you make a relic digging version of this ?
If we can use a map to store all relics hitbox (1 map per relic) and a png image to set relic graphic.

I hope you can read this post and wish that my idea become real.

See Ya.