Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to make a Final Fantasy styled cutscene
Here, this might help! I call it...

Variables : Party Indexing

For lack of a better name, this script will store the IDs of your party members into a ranged index of variables, you'll have to customize this script and set your database accordingly.

Being as I just wrote this, I'll post it proper tomorrow. I no longer have access to VX or Ace, so I'm not 100% certain if it'll work correctly as it was written on XP.

Content Hidden

Anyways... this could probably help you to making actor-specific cut-scenes based on who is in your party, as well as what position they are in. To do that, I would make one event, give that event a Variable condition, make multiple pages based on possible actors the variable could be representing. You could also mix the event condition pages with the switch like DerVVulfman suggested, a switch basically telling the world "hey, cutscene going down, everybody act accordingly" lol.

If you need further help, I can possibly throw together a demo for you. I never realized how much thought can go into streamlining something that seems as simple as this, I'll have to find time to sit down and write a proper tutorial for future generations!
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to make a Final Fantasy styled cutscene - by Kain Nobel - 06-15-2012, 02:40 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Photo  How to make check if there's a message window? Pelip 6 7,483 11-04-2019, 04:37 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
  [REQUEST] Anyone know how to make a professional looking world map? fgsfds 15 23,662 04-11-2015, 06:17 AM
Last Post: JayRay
  Any way to make events trigger other events? MechanicalPen 3 6,254 04-01-2013, 11:54 PM
Last Post: MechanicalPen
  [Ask]how to make our own Tileset ? felicalexa 2 5,764 05-26-2012, 04:11 AM
Last Post: MetalRenard
  how to make an event touch another event mangamaniacs2064 2 5,841 08-24-2011, 01:55 PM
Last Post: RosyPosy
  How do i make a trap? kikonami123 5 7,864 03-24-2010, 11:04 PM
Last Post: kikonami123