Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Creator VS Character Identity
I'm pretty much with Samven. If you've established a world or all sorts for your character, letting the player name them could be a little ridiculous in hindsight. Bear in mind, I mean a world your character is tied with, and that world has an important key to play in the way they developed before you started the game - heck, during play too.

Persona 3 had the MC as a blank slate, and while he did have some backstory, it didn't really pay any key part in his personality or development. (P4's MC is even more of a blank slate, so lets leave him aside.) Atlus really did a good job and leaving him open to interpretation. One player could put him out as a freaking sexual maniac with loads of girlfriends, trying to cope with the loss of parents by having many girls. :D ...I just forged bonds with the party members, and about three outsiders. And only one girlfriend. But only because you couldn't avoid an intimate relationship until P4.

While he does have the pseudo-canon name of Minato Arisato, I still think of him as me when I play "Jaabi Taylor" in my file. ... it helps his hair matches my (internet) persona colour and actual hair-style. :3

In my current play through of FFVI, I've been trying to name everyone. Either based on their Japanese name, only sharing the first letter only. At least, usually. Admittedly despite adding some touch to this party, I will often forget about the names I've established because I've known them by their defaults for so long. Perhaps it's because I haven't touched the game in a while, or perhaps because the characters aren't blank slates like the above.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Creator VS Character Identity - by Kain Nobel - 07-14-2012, 01:54 PM
RE: Creator VS Character Identity - by Pherione - 07-14-2012, 02:13 PM
RE: Creator VS Character Identity - by Samven - 07-14-2012, 02:39 PM
RE: Creator VS Character Identity - by Taylor - 07-14-2012, 11:33 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   FPS Creator NOW FREE!!!! JayRay 15 26,927 01-18-2017, 08:15 PM
Last Post: Dr. Schnellinger
   FPS Creator and RPGMod JayRay 4 7,057 03-27-2014, 07:02 PM
Last Post: JayRay