Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
 Belly of the Beast (O.G. Version)
DISCLAIMER

The publicly posted version of this game is the 2012 O.G. version I've submitted to the contest mentioned in the introduction below.

There is a modern day Project BEAST going on, which originated from this build long ago, but it now uses a hybrid engine and has a different cast of characters and a whole plethora of different features not available in this ancient demo. The have a lot of similarities, but they are not the same game. I won't be discussing much beyond that until it is ready.

Introduction

Since I've already submitted this project to the 5 Minutes 10 Minutes Ago contest, I figured I might as well post it in completed projects too! There is a chance that I might do more with this game, it all depends on what kind of feedback I get between now and December 1st 2012, but I don't have much else planned.

Story

Demons have been haunting an important empire trade town, it seems like they originate from the volcano to the east. The village elders begged the empire soldiers to not hunt the demons down, but their leader Basil isn't one to be ordered around by old geezers.

Characters

Aluxes: While a bit timid at times, he happens to be a reliable swordsman.
Basil: Leader of the empire troop tasked with hunting the demons.
Gloria: A budding cleric whom supports her team with healing.
Hilda: A young witch with the power to freeze fire and melt faces.

Screenshots

This is a short game, all I'm going to post is the title screen.
[Image: BOTBTitle_zps9c2b30c1.png]

(>> Download Here <<)

Other Media

Check out the "Lightning Strikes!" album, which has live versions of tracks from Beast.

Also, I've posted an entire playthrough video a couple posts down. (WARNING: This spoils all of Chapter 1.)

Credits & Thanks

Enterbrain for making RPG Maker and all the fun stuff that comes with it.
Kain Nobel for making misc graphics, music and scripts for the project.
My kids for assisting me with beta testing and adding lamp puzzles.
PK8 for inspiring a couple of features in the game.
SephirothSpawn for providing some of the scripted features.
Grajiva for providing me with a couple of graphics.
SDK and MACL authors for providing, well... the SDK and MACL of course! lol

Last but not least, a big special thanks to Steel Beast 6Beets for bringing O.G. version of The Beast back when I had lost it.
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Belly of the Beast (O.G. Version) - by Kain Nobel - 11-25-2012, 09:19 AM
RE: Belly of the Beast - by Kain Nobel - 02-18-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: Belly of the Beast - by Kain Nobel - 01-16-2023, 12:09 PM
RE: Belly of the Beast - by Kain Nobel - 01-17-2023, 11:36 AM