Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arranging sprites
Question 
Uhm... Hi, guys. Currently, I'm not making a game, but I am studying RPG Maker a little more to have conditions in order to make a good game in the future and I'm having problems with arranging sprites when I'm "making" new resources.

Making battlers for side-view battles, making animations (and other things) has been quite a headache to me. I've got sprites and I arrange them in Photoshop upon templates, but the result is always a failure, because the position of the sprites in the image sheet never gets perfectly arranged, so I have to change it a lot while seeing the results in the RPG Maker... So... it's kinda endless......

For example, some days ago, I was trying something new in the RPG Maker 2k3. I was using battle animations as battercharsets and it... was FRUSTRATING. I was positioning sprites that had the size of a RTP charset (so it was very very small) and when I would check how the animation would be in RPG Maker, everything was a little messed up and I knew that the process would be endless, once the sprites were small and I would have to make a LOT OF CHANGES in the image sheet until having them arranged perfectly.

And sometimes I find incredible that there are so many people making resources that are so well arranged and I think "They MUST have a secret to do it well", so if you guys know some way to make this work easier, please, share it with me. I would be very very very very very very very very grateful. Then, see ya!
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Arranging sprites - by Bakunin - 12-10-2013, 10:56 PM
RE: Arranging sprites - by JayRay - 12-11-2013, 12:23 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   XP sprites in VXA? lestat3179 1 4,443 07-02-2017, 05:10 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   question about sprites wider than 32px criz 3 7,252 05-26-2016, 08:49 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman