Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Stuff you love but no one else seems to
Hm. There are a few things that would fit this topic. Let's see...
How about Star Trek V? Many people did not like that movie, based on various reasons.
The much lower visual effects weren't really their fault, so ignoring that argument, there's the goofy feeling of it and certain aspects of the characters that seem to be brought up a lot as negative points.
So was the film goofy? In some places, certainly, but it still felt true to what strange and bizzare things happened in the series sometimes as well.
And in terms of characters, this is definately up there with the ones I've enjoyed the most. And actually reminded the viewer that there are more people to the crew.
I especially remember a scene early on with two characters, that I - during the series and prior movies - always acknowledged and liked, but didn't spend a lot of additional thought on. That scene made me wish that TOS had been able to give more character development and personal story arcs to the rest of the (bridge) crew; give them time to interact with each other outside of the bridge. Similar to what the TNG cast got. In terms of characters, that movie shines and it's a main reason why I enjoyed it a lot =)
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: Stuff you love but no one else seems to - by yamina-chan - 03-18-2015, 12:38 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Stuff you're not fond of but everyone else loves Samven 5 7,839 12-01-2015, 08:56 PM
Last Post: Samven