Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 What do you dislike in ATB Systems?
(05-16-2015, 09:33 PM)RosyPosy Wrote: The atb is crap- Its like a halfway between Action and turnbase and it doesnt speed up anything at all.
In an action battle I have direct input and can react in real time, In turn base I can think while the enemy does their attacks and input and have it instantly done. In atb though I have to wait to input. Its lame. FF7 and the like got away with it on the wieght of their stories and characters. but as a game element I was much more invested in Materia then Atb.
I think there's at least a small niche between turn base and action battle - having time management and control but not space management and control.
Any action battle needs space management and control to work, while atb doesn't necessary need that, although some atb do have that dimension.
Ordinary turn base has no time management at all, while it's necessary for any atb to work(otherwise it'd be ctb).
So atb can target those wanting time management and control(speed chess players) but not space management and control(movements in 2D/3D).
My RMVXA/RMMV/RMMZ scripts/plugins:
http://rpgmaker.net/users/DoubleX/scripts/
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
What do you dislike in ATB Systems? - by DoubleX - 05-16-2015, 05:11 AM
RE: What do you dislike in ATB Systems? - by DoubleX - 05-17-2015, 03:31 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Popular Battle Systems kyonides 6 6,418 02-24-2022, 10:40 PM
Last Post: kyonides
   When should I use global, instance, local, and constants in event systems? PK8 17 25,625 12-28-2008, 08:08 AM
Last Post: Charlie Fleed