Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Why is final fantasy X viewed better by fans than FFXII?
Spoiler alerts throughout my post.

On the subject of Final Fantasy X:

First off, Wakka is a party member because he's one of Yuna's Guardians, and is considered family.
Many people in Final Fantasy X's world didn't like Al Bhed because they believed it was machina that caused Sin to appear, and they need to stop using machina to make Sin go away. The Al Bhed use forbidden machina and constantly bash Yevon, which is what Wakka and many others in the world follow. 
Although Yevon was corrupt, it was his beliefs at the time, so he was "Racist" per se, but only because he blamed the Al Bhed like many did. He took his beliefs to the extreme with his hatred, though, and he especially didn't know of Yuna's relation to Al Bhed. If he did, it's probable that he may have re-thought it from the beginning. How could he hate someone he cared so much for?

People could be Sent by a summoner, so they can't stay as a ghost forever. Also, they turn into Fiends if they do that. 
In X-2, you see many Unsent turn into Fiends right in front of you, so it's likely not possible to stay Unsent for too long. 

People also didn't follow Sin. Generally, they followed Yevon, and they felt the cycle was unbreakable. Also the higher-ups in Yevon didn't want to lose everyone they were controlling. As was stated earlier, Yevon was corrupt, and enjoyed the control they had over people. Many of them knew of the death of the others, and didn't really care (Except one, who was quickly eliminated). 
And I don't think Unsent are invincible. Otherwise, Seymour would've been alive after slaying him towards the end of X. 

On the subject of XII:

Personally, I love XII as well. I see nothing to be repulsed by, and I don't know many who are repulsed by it. 
My only complaint was with the Zodiac Job System in the International version.
I avoid that like it's the plague.  Laughing

It's an awesome game overall that I thoroughly enjoy, from beginning to end. XII is wonderful, and I can't say enough good things about it, really  Confused

If XII is getting a remake, I would love for them to have an option to toggle between IZJS and Normal. Lots of people root for IZJS only for some reason, but taking away choice seems to be wrong to me-- especially when you don't like IZJS.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is final fantasy X viewed better by fans than FFXII? - by Bounty Hunter Lani - 08-18-2015, 04:15 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink  Final Fantasy X HD Chukkaque 10 12,318 03-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Last Post: RosyPosy
   Final Fantasy XIII rm-rf 31 31,504 12-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Samven