Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Why is final fantasy X viewed better by fans than FFXII?
(08-18-2015, 04:15 AM)Bounty Hunter Lani Wrote: On the subject of Final Fantasy X:

First off, Wakka is a party member because he's one of Yuna's Guardians, and is considered family.
Many people in Final Fantasy X's world didn't like Al Bhed because they believed it was machina that caused Sin to appear, and they need to stop using machina to make Sin go away. The Al Bhed use forbidden machina and constantly bash Yevon, which is what Wakka and many others in the world follow. 
Although Yevon was corrupt, it was his beliefs at the time, so he was "Racist" per se, but only because he blamed the Al Bhed like many did. He took his beliefs to the extreme with his hatred, though, and he especially didn't know of Yuna's relation to Al Bhed. If he did, it's probable that he may have re-thought it from the beginning. How could he hate someone he cared so much for?

Except his racism persists after he learns the truth about the nature of yevon as a religion. He says this most insulting thing- To the cousin of his summoner after witnessing his religions evil first hand- that is not a hero, that is a pathetic racist afraid to move on. literally no one else on the party feels the same- not even close. because theyre more honest- and care much more about the people than he does.
he still even remarks how unbelivable it is theyre fighting a maester when they reveal their deception.

Which doesnt make sense
cause they live forever; theres no reason to protect yevon or to cause this illusion. I can understand one or two people becoming the Nihilists like Yunaleska and Saemor did. but I dont believe its reasonable to have literally every summoner and guardian agree with that for centuries.
Also I dont know the rules for becoming a fiend. Maesters and Auron are Exempt? for convenience to be sure, also theyre made out of the same stuff the Aeons are. which means Aeons are fiends as well.( remember the dead summoner who gives you the Magus sisters?) Too many immortals with conscience This is still a plot hole. Even Jehct has his mind still after being turned into sins armor.
Yevon himself is A shell of his old self, hes the only one with a stake at keeping sin working. None of the maesters have any reason to support sin- theres no buy out- theyre already immortal- theyd have power regardless just for being religious leaders- all the selfishness is supported by the false religion- but theres no need for that religion to be centered around propagating the enemy sin. The control and money they have would be gained no matter what they spout- and sin gives nothing back to them. Still a big plot hole. 

As for 12 I personally prefer the zodiac- why? cause thats choice- having access to everything encourages players to go for the best armor-weapon and skills available- theres not strategy in that. the zodiac jobs offered different ideas to be explored- and the rebalances to the weapons also make it worthwhile as they were buffed and depriced where needed and the Zodiac spears ridiculous condition was removed.
Albiet the new ultimate weapons are in invisable boxes that dont always appear, Id like them to remove those entirely- I dont see why anyone would make that kind of mechanic. but thankfully Im usually fine as long as I have access to atleast one famualhalt.  that gun is my favorite/
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why is final fantasy X viewed better by fans than FFXII? - by RosyPosy - 08-18-2015, 04:45 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink  Final Fantasy X HD Chukkaque 10 12,346 03-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Last Post: RosyPosy
   Final Fantasy XIII rm-rf 31 31,607 12-09-2011, 11:31 AM
Last Post: Samven