Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Things you like to see
This thread is fairly simple - talk about things in RM games that you liked. Was there anything about a particular game you liked? Maybe the battle system was good? Or were battles balanced perfectly? If you've ever played an RM game that made you say to yourself, "I really enjoyed this," this thread is for discussing the why. I'll ask that you provide links if you can find/remember them. They don't have to be posted here.

I admittedly haven't played many RM games, but there's one I played that really caught my attention. That was Shangri-La by LittleLynn. There were some areas in the game that I felt could use improvements, but I fully enjoyed the story aspect of it.

Firstly, I thought the general story concept was somewhat unique. It had some clichés (i.e. amnesia), but they were used in a good way, in my opinion. What really stood out to me, though, was the dialogue. Each character felt truly unique. I'm not used to seeing that in either RM games or commercial games! Everyone, even the NPCs, had their own personalities and it was shown through conversations excellently. Also, each character having multiple things to say as you progress through the storyline is always a huge plus. If you feel like your dialogue could be better, I'd really suggest you take the time to play Shangri-La. :)
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Things you like to see - by Guardian - 01-18-2010, 06:16 PM
Things you like to see - by DerVVulfman - 01-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Things you like to see - by Deek - 01-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Things you like to see - by Lunarea - 01-21-2010, 09:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   10 Things that Suck About Being a Developer Kain Nobel 2 5,234 09-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Last Post: MetalRenard
   Things that you will NEVER include in your game, or hope to never see in another's. Helel 33 37,222 10-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Last Post: KasperKalamity