Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Things you like to see
There are 3 things that I like to see in a project:

1) Graphical consistency-
I don't care if it's basic RTP or completely custom. As long as it's consistent all the way through, both in style and detail, I'm happy. If that limits the locations or if the maps end up looking unoriginal, so be it. The graphics are there to enhance the mood and atmosphere of the game. A crappy game with excellent graphics is still a crappy game. Good mapping is a plus, but I can forgive even mediocre mapping if it fits and the rest of the game is well thought out and created.

2) Good writing-
This includes a good story, good dialogue and proper spelling and grammar. I don't care about the cliches as long as they are a part of the story and presented in such a way that I'll care even if I'm not 100% surprised.

3) Content and progress-
I want to know that the project will actually get done. If you have to make compromises in areas such as using the basic combat system or same old graphics, so be it. If you're smart, you'll know where your strengths lie and use those for innovation; and forget about the rest. So, someone out there's got a more impressive demo or more impressive list of features. What's the point if their project never completely sees the light of day?
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Things you like to see - by Guardian - 01-18-2010, 06:16 PM
Things you like to see - by DerVVulfman - 01-21-2010, 06:10 PM
Things you like to see - by Deek - 01-21-2010, 08:41 PM
Things you like to see - by Lunarea - 01-21-2010, 09:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   10 Things that Suck About Being a Developer Kain Nobel 2 5,235 09-02-2013, 08:43 AM
Last Post: MetalRenard
   Things that you will NEVER include in your game, or hope to never see in another's. Helel 33 37,231 10-27-2011, 03:52 PM
Last Post: KasperKalamity