Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Music On Request
Hi there, to anyone mad enough to step into my world!

Read This First
Hey, so I've stopped doing music on request for free.
I still make time for paid requests though, so please, by all means, visit my site: http://metalrenardmusic.com
And get in touch!

- Closed but left here for old time's sake! -

You're looking for a theme tune, a song for a village, character or situation, THE WORLD IS GOING TO END and all you need to make the game perfect is an original tune to back up your already awesome game... Your prayers have been answered! Hallelujah! *coughs*
This service is free for non commercial projects. I humbly request that my name and a link appear in the credits of your project: "MetalRenard (Samy Shbib)" + the link to this page.
If your project is commercial, then we can discuss terms via MSN, Skype or many other forms of communication. Via email is a little slow though!
Payments are to be made via PayPal.

You doubt my words?!
Check out my work!

About rights:
This is a non-exclusive licence agreement.
I retain all rights to the song as its owner but I give you blanket permission to use and redistribute the music under the above terms (for example, you can use the music in a trailer video as long as my name is shown at some point) as long as the song is always used in context of your project (this means that you cannot give the song out by itself). I retain the right to use the song in future publications of my own.

How does it work?
-Describe what you're looking for! This includes:
  • Song length (1 minute and loopable? 3-5 minutes?)*
  • The period the game is based (medievale, futuristic...)
  • Musical genre (Metal, Hard Rock, Soft Rock, Pop, Contemporary Classic, ..., ...)**
  • Where the music is for (Town, dungeon, battles...)
  • Emotions that have to be felt in the music
- I will discuss the music with you if clarification is needed
- Once accepted I guarantee it will be done. *
- Transparency is my game. I will keep you informed of progress even if there is none. I will not hide lack of progress from you. (Inspiration has its own way of doing things).
- Conception, discussion, re-conception, discussion, finalisation. This is the process I expect.
-WE ALL HAVE CAKE!***

* Longer songs take longer to do!
** I do most genres, except rap.
*** CAKE IS GOOD

P.S. Any money I make from this work just goes into getting better gear to produce better music and in turn benefits everyone (me more though... But hey, I'm doing the work right? XD)
}
hmm... Very nice indeed. No requests for me, I am a composer myself, but I will offer my critique.

I love the sounds. Is it samples or synth? Maybe even live instruments? The drum is very effective, but the breaks (Not drum breaks, breaks like in pauses) in the opening stage needs some polishing in my opinion. Great work, nevertheless.
Valdred
Tech Administrator of Save-Point

}
"Is it samples or synth?"
It's a mix of both :)

I'll look at the breaks. I actually left them completely empty on purpose. If anyone else says they need to be changed I'll think about changing them.
Here's the "finished" version. I may still add/change stuff.
Peaceful

Thanks very much for the feed back, it can only help!
}
I know they are there on purpose and they do fit indeed. I just think the transition from music to silence should be either totally smooth or instant, but again, that might be just my opinion.

That newer version is very nice. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread ;)
Valdred
Tech Administrator of Save-Point

}
X
}
Can you write something with a 50's feel, but have a hint of fantasy? Thinking Fallout with a hint of Final Fantasy
[Image: style7,Kristovski.png]
}
Bump!

Thank you all for your kind requests and encouragement. May Save-Point live on!
}
Due to the hack, I have re-liked your first post. lol

Now then, onto business, shall we? REQUEST TIME!!!

Song length: I'm good with a 2-4 minute looping song. It could be shorter, mind you, but I don't think I want the loop too obvious. I hate when it's too obvious.
The period the game is based: Fantasy/Arabian/Medieval
Musical genre: Basic rock with an Arabian sounding flare. Like, just a li'l 4 second Arabian themed didly thrown in once in the two-four minutes (or less) would be enough lol
Where the music is for: Main theme, will play at many cut scenes, some battles & game completion
Emotions that have to be felt in the music: Hmm... uplifting and hopeful
Snazzy Sig in a Spoiler
}

***THIS IS NOT a finished product in any way, shape or form***

As a main riff, is this the kind of thing you're looking for?
}
I was thinking a tad softer, but that works quite well. Yeah.
Snazzy Sig in a Spoiler
}

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   RPG Music Box: High Quality RPG Maker Tunes! MetalRenard 27 39,230 06-16-2011, 08:32 PM
Last Post: Crono
   Theme for some music I am making deValdr 5 12,858 05-14-2011, 10:06 AM
Last Post: deValdr
   my own music TheoAllen 23 28,763 06-10-2010, 05:02 PM
Last Post: yamina-chan
   Khaos Music! Khaosn95 13 15,915 03-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Last Post: Ace
   Hsia's free music for games movement!!! Hsia_Nu 7 12,778 07-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Last Post: Ratty524
   Various Short RPG music PoisonedV 0 3,736 12-14-2008, 08:24 AM
Last Post: PoisonedV