Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Damage Text Revamp 2.1
Damage Text Revamp
Version: 2.1

Introduction
Tired of looking at that rather dull Arial Black font in battle? Are you looking to fancy the look and animation of your damage text? Look no further, this is the Damage Text Revamp! It's customisable and it's heavily packed with options. Have a look for yourself!

Features
  • Set X, Y, Blend Type, Angle, Zoom_X, Zoom_Y, Color, Tone of Damage Text.
  • Set format, color, and outlines for Damage/Heal/Miss/Critical Val+Text
  • Set keyframe animations for damage text.
  • Set specific keyframe animations for Damage/Heal/Miss/Critical text.
  • Enable or disable damage counting (known as Iteration).
  • Create keyframe animations for damage counting.
  • Create specific damage counting keyframe animations for Damage / Heal / Miss / Critical

Changelog
  • v1 (11/18/2009) - Initial release.
  • v2 (4/6/2012) - Remade, added a plethora of new settings.
  • v2.0.1 (4/6/2012) - New dmg_v variable to help ease script calling needs.
  • v2.1 (4/8/2012) - New switch setting added.

Screenshots
[Image: 14ccy0p.png]
Video coming soon. This screenshot does not do this script justice.

Demo
No demo.

Script
Content Hidden

Instructions
You may learn a little more about each setting by looking at the "What is this?" section in my script header.

FAQ
Awaiting question.

Compatibility
RMXP only. It pretty much rewrites the heck out of the damage and update methods in the Sprite > ::Sprite class of the RPG module.

Credits and Thanks
Yeyinde's help with fixing stacking error issues.
Rhyme helped me out a few years ago on drawing outlines better.
Kain Nobel asking for the Miss text to have a custom string to it, and suggesting a scrolling text option. My Iteration feature probably looks nothing like what he requested but it should be just as epic.
MetalRenard pretty much telling me to "make this as epic as possible" made me want to go all out on this script. Again for asking about it being possible to make the sprite flash every time the value reaches +100 more, which made me add the dmg_v variable.
Victor Sant's Collapse script for RPG Maker VX Ace inspired me to attempt a custom animation feature for Damage Text.

Author's Notes
When I first made this script, I remember making it because I was bored and I was watching people play Eternal Sonata. I couldn't help but love how fancy the damage text looked, so I wanted to make something kind of like it here.

Now when I was working on this version, I went in there thinking "okay, I'll just edit a few settings and call it a day." It sounds mean, I know, but that was because I didn't think I'd be able to improve the script much further. That was, until I saw Victor Sant's collapse script thread for RPG Maker VX Ace. Seeing that thread gave me some new ideas for what I wanted to do for this script.

Terms and Conditions
Feel free to include it in your game, just credit me.
Reply }
(post deleted)
Reply }
Updated to version 2.0.1!

I was going to post version 2, but during a preview of it, Metal asked about if conditionals for when the damage values reached certain numbers, which made me realise I never made any variables for something like that.

To anybody that downloaded Version 1 a few years ago, this script is a completely different beast compared to when it was first submitted. There's a lot of new features that are going to take some time getting to know, but once you do and if you appreciate wanting to make your damage popup text stand out, you're going to love what this script offers. I'm talking custom damage text popup animations, having the text count up, and other stuff. It's really cool.
Reply }
Updated to 2.1. This adds a new switch option which lets users disable or enable the script.

The script can be disabled or enabled at any time by using PK8::DamageText::Switch = bool*
* bool: true or false
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Text Scroll Script - Enhanced DerVVulfman 23 29,452 02-18-2021, 04:16 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Message Text from Files DerVVulfman 0 4,567 04-13-2016, 03:25 AM
   Customize/Disable Text Outline + Shadow (v1.1) Zerbu 3 6,893 11-01-2015, 03:56 PM
   Text Sound Effect (SE) v1.1 Zerbu 3 7,163 11-01-2015, 03:53 PM
   Text Extraction Generator DerVVulfman 5 11,255 10-13-2014, 09:32 PM
Last Post: Narzew
   Text to RGSS DerVVulfman 10 23,102 05-04-2013, 04:34 AM
   Yanfly Damage Popup Helladen 0 4,917 04-25-2013, 03:50 PM
Last Post: Helladen
   Simple SP Bonus Damage DerVVulfman 4 8,360 05-01-2012, 06:32 PM
   Victor Engine - Damage Limit Victor Sant 0 4,862 01-04-2012, 09:14 AM