Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magitek's Art dump
Here is a quick sketch I did the other day...forgot to upload, so this area made me remember. xD

Anyways, I haven't picked up a pencil in 3-4 years (lost time to freely draw) and I really want to pick it up again. The last piece of work I did was a fanart, this is completely original :>

Inspirations: Dragons, fantasy, Anne McCaffery

Dragon Sketch

First sketch; rough. Done in CS5 on a Genius Tablet.

So, any suggestions? I'd really like to hear em, and hopefully I can get to talon/feet work (suck at it!).
[Image: 10shroo.jpg]
Set by me, MagitekElite!
Planet Development

Artist, Author, Gamer, Music Maker (learning!) and Christian :)
Reply }
First off, it is an excellent drawing and I can already picture it colored in aqua/snow tones.
The only problem I see is the nose. The left side is convex while the right side is concave.
[Image: style7,Kristovski.png]
Reply }
I love it!

BUT. If you meant for it to be mean you need to change some stuff because as is, it looks cute and cuddly.
A bit like in "How To Train Your Dragon" (I love that film! I have a cat just like that black dragon).
Reply }
Quote:"How To Train Your Dragon"

Gintama wipe ^_^

[Image: 950048ae0db798180d3355a050b6e145.jpg]

Personally, I liked the sketch, and I think that shouldn't need add some kawaii. It's a real mythological dragon, how it should be seen.
"The things I always protect never change!" - Sakata Gintoki, Gintama.
"Two people dying separately? No. If we die, we'll die together." - Suigintou, Rozen Maiden.
And sorry for my mistakes in English words, if I do it.
Reply }
@Kristovski:
Hmm, you mean the actual nose or this?
[Image: o7w21x.jpg]

@MetalRenard:
I love that movie too! I own them, but I haven't watched the mini movie yet :(

I was just going for dragon, though scary and fierce is my fav. Laughing + Tongue sticking out What do you suggest?

@Agckuu Coceg:
A dog dragon? xD

I went for the look the Western Dragon takes, and added some detail from the Austratlian dragon. I have a whole book shelf of dragon books (dragonology) and a few others, and I thought "something of the mix!" so I just started the sketch xD

If you guys have any more suggestions, I'll be glad to hear. Some others thought teeth? But I didn't think there was room for that....
Set by me, MagitekElite!
Planet Development

Reply }
Blushing + Cheery

I can add detail (I'd have to mess around with my tablet's point to make thinner brushes...) but sure, I can :>
But I'd need to know if the base needs anything adjusting first before I add detail so its not wasted :)
Set by me, MagitekElite!
Planet Development

Reply }
Quote:A dog dragon? xD

Sadaharu is angry, cause he's not a dog. He is Inugami. ^_^

I personally would have liked the style of the classic style of a dragon, like in D&D.
[Image: Young_Silver_Dragon.jpg]
"The things I always protect never change!" - Sakata Gintoki, Gintama.
"Two people dying separately? No. If we die, we'll die together." - Suigintou, Rozen Maiden.
And sorry for my mistakes in English words, if I do it.
Reply }
I've never made a dragon like that before :o That looks pretty wicked though. What's weird though, is that that dragon has water features on its head... :>

Set by me, MagitekElite!
Planet Development

Reply }
I prefer your dragon, seriously, dragons are allowed to be cute.
Reply }
In all honesty...I don't know if I consider what I drew cute or not Laughing + Tongue sticking out

I'm working on another sketch of it, separate though so I don't erase this one. Seeing if I can create more "scary" looking dragons. :P
Set by me, MagitekElite!
Planet Development

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sacred Lands Screen Dump G.I. Toez 7 8,213 12-04-2009, 03:39 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
  Major Dump dail up beware Asi 2 4,343 07-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Last Post: Asi