Favorite Maker: RPG Maker VX
- No Godmoding! This includes giving yourself overly-powerful abilities, re-writing past events etc...
- No PCing (Player Controlling) without direct permission from the other players.
- NPCs CAN be killed and controlled without permission, however, if it is evident that they are key characters, please think before you use someone else's NPC.
- No one-liners please. Either post a paragraph, minimum, or wait until you think of something to post.
- No double-posting within any 24-hour period. If you need to add something to your post, edit it.
- Be considerate of other Role Players. What happens in the RP stays in the RP. If someone kills one of your NPCs, dont get in a hissy. Deal with it and think up something new.
- Be imaginative and help carry the story! Don't just wander around dawdling, letting everyone else do the work. Add your own ideas and events to progress the storyline!
- If you wish to post something out of character in the RP, simply add it to the top or bottom of your post in square brackets, tagged as OOC, for example;
[OOC - This is an Out Of Character post!]
- The RP Master has the final say on everything. No arguments!
- If someone posts something that disrupts your storyline, do not argue about it. Work with it and adapt to the situation.
- If the RP Master asks you to tone down your character's abilities etc... do so without objection.
- Aside from the RP Rules, all other Save-Point Forum rules apply.
By filling out and posting your character sheet, you agree to all the above rules!
This RP is set in a medieval/fantasy world. I will outline some of the noteable areas of interest below, but for the most part, feel free to create your own towns, cities and countries. The period is set in a medieval age, so no modern/hi-tech weaponry. No lasers, no teleporters, no spaceships, no cars or planes etc... This is not absolute however. If you want magical weapons (Magical guns etc...) they are fine, as are, for instance, magical forms of transport (magic-based teleportation, magic-powered vehicles), but please try to be reasonable with them, as they would be quite rare.
The world itself is split into five continents.
- Verviridus: The southern continent of Verviridus is a land of meadows, fields and lakes. Rainstorms are common on this continent, and it has a great affinity towards the elements of Water and Light. The Deity Spirit of this continent is the God of Spring, Eruditio.
- Ruberaestas: The western continent of Ruberaestas, known for it's scorching hot temperature all year round, is split into two main areas. The eastern-most side of the continent is covered in vast jungles and tall mountains. The western-most side of the continent is a rocky desert wasteland, with miles and miles of subterranean caverns and tunnels worming their way below the desert. It has a great affinity towards the elements of Fire and Earth and the Deity Spirit of this continent is the Goddess of Summer, Procella.
- Nigerautumunus: The eastern continent of Nigerautumunus is a dark and desolate land. Once a large and powerful kingdom, all that remains are the ruined cities and giant catacombs spread across the land. Withered grass, dying trees and an aura of danger and decay flood this realm. It is abundant in dark forests, gloomy caves and deathly valleys. It holds an affinity for the elements of Wind and Shadow, and it's Deity Spirit is Cinis, Goddess of Autumn.
- Albushiems: The northern continent of Albushiems is a frozen land of monstrous creatures. Few cities are located in this continent, as the majority of the land is overrun with powerful monsters, including golems and the near-unbeatable dragons. It is a land of dark, evergreen forests, icy tundras with eternal blizzards, high mountains and deathly cold lakes. It holds an affinity for the elements of Ice and Lightning, and it's Deity Spirit is Stiria, God of Winter.
- Florenspira: Located at the center of the other four continents, Florenspira is the largest of the five continents. Lush fields, dense forests, clean rivers and, at the center of the continent, the capital city of Florens. People from all over the world gather at this city, for a variety of reasons, not least of them being the presence of the Magi Pagoda, center of the magical world.
Feel free to create your own towns, villages etc... But please stick to the available continents!
for the world map.
I am not going to set a straight storyline out for this RP just yet. I will probably add one in as it goes along (unless other people add one first~), just to see how it goes for now. I'm intrigued to see with what you people can come up with. n.n
Of Magic and Affinities
The population of the world is split into five common categories of people:
- Those with no affinity. They are incapable of using any magical-based abilities and make up the majority of the population.
- Those with an affinity to Spring. They are capable of using Water and Light based magic, including the use of liquids, moisture and luminous photons (lasers, bright glares, illusions etc...). They can NOT use ice, as they can only control water in it's liquid form.
- Those with an affinity to Summer. They are capable of using Fire and Earth based magic, including the use of heat, flames, stone, minerals and metals.
- Those with an affinity to Autumn. They are capable of using Wind and Shadow magic, including the use of razor-sharp gales, innate flight, invisibility and stealth and draining abilities.
- Those with an affinity to Winter. They are capable of using Ice and Lightning magic, including the use of frozen substances, conjuring blizzards etc... And manipulating electrical currents.
The above are the only options. If you wish for an affinity that is not listed here, refer to the footnote*
! Which affinity you choose, you must choose abilities that match. For instance, someone with a Summer Affinity can NOT use ice magic. Someone with no affinity can only possess non-magical skills ("bullet-time", advanced senses etc...).
You can all manipulate your elements freely. At what level you can control your element is up to you, just don't make it too powerful please. In addition to manipulating your element, you can also have three unique skills that only your character possesses.
As mentioned in the Settings, each continent is overlooked by an anceint deity with an affinity towards a season. Each continent has it's own "church" (The Church of Eruditio, The Cathedral of Procella, The Halls of Cinis, The Sanctum of Stiria). Each person with an affinity is, in short, a "follower" of their respetive deity (Spring >> Eruditio, Summer >> Procella, Autumn >> Cinis, Winter >> Stiria). There are "sacred grounds" that only those of that particular affinity may enter and all others are forbidden, with the exception of the Magi Pagoda in Florens, where people of any affinity are welcome.
If you have any questions, please PM them to me or ask me in the IRC. Do NOT post a reply in this thread to ask questions.
Species: [The species of your character, you may choose any species you wish, except ridiculous things like Gods, Titans etc...]
Personality: [Self-explanatory (optional)]
* * * * *
Seasonal Affinity: [None, Spring, Summer, Autumn or Winter]
Unique Skills: [Three unique skills your character has. These can be related to your affinity, or they can be non-magical. Try and keep them unique, so try not to use ones others have please.]
Non-Affinity Skills: [ONLY FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE NO AFFINITY!
Here you may describe up to three additional non-magical skills your character has. You don't have to be TOO strict though. It IS a fantasy RP. n.n]
Weapons: [Name any weapons your character carries and/or is proficient with. Note, please make it reasonable and something your character can carry.]
* * * * *
Starting Location: [Where is your character starting, just so we know~ (optional)]
Additional Notes: [Anything else you wish to add. (optional)]
Name: Lillith "Lily" Pandora
Age: 398 (Physically 23)
Personality: Often cold, always merciless and relatively sadistic, but she can be warm and friendly, if you live long enough to get on her good side.
* * * * *
Seasonal Affinity: Autumn/Winter (Ice&Shadow)
- Flight: She is able to fly using her angelic wings.
- Shadow Network: She is able to merge into any shadow she is touching, and travel through it and any shadows connected to it.
- Angel of Ice: She is able to turn her entire body into ice at will.
Non-Affinity Skills: N/A
Weapons: Two of these: Clicky
* * * * *
Starting Location: Florenspira, Capital City of Florens.
Additional Notes: Lily has travelled the continents of Nigerautumunus and Albushiems for many years, searching for clues to her past. Her memories, while not lost, are fuzzy and she remembers little of her life from before fifteen years ago. She is travelling to piece together what happened in her past and hopes to find some more answers in the capital city.
The noise of the crowd was becoming quite tedious now. Lily had been in the capital for just over a week, and already the sheer number of people was starting to get to her. She didn't like it. She preferred the quiet towns of the eastern continent to the hustle of the capital. She stood up from the bench on which she was sat and began making her way down the main highstreet, the tall, glittering tower of white marble at the far end, sparkling in the sunlight. The Magi Pagoda.
She had never been inside the pagoda before, and it didn't really cross her mind that she would find any answers if she did go there. From what she heard, it was all politicians trying to rule the magical world. She would rather nto get involved with them. The less people knew about her, the better.
She continued making her way down the street, ignoring a couple of idiotic (and heavilly annebriated) humans that were making uncouth, lecherous remarks about her as she passed. She had half a mind to impale the pair on the end of an icicle, but thought it wouldn't be wise to do so in the middle of such a crowded street. Maybe if she met them again. Late at night. In a dark alley...
Emptying her mind of thoughts about the two drunken morons, she continued on her path, no particular goal in mind, to busy thinking about the feeling she was having. Something had been watching her closely for a while now. Something had been following her ever since she entered the city. Maybe it was time she found out what.
[OOC - Ok, let's see how this goes~ Hope you guys are up for some creative RPing. If this is successful and lasts a decent amount of time or progresses well, I'll consider posting another one at a later date~ Be creative, have fun~]