Rebirth's Retribution - The Animated Visual Novel?
Please listen to this first:
Find me online:
Rebirth's Retribution is based in a fictional planet with many lush forests and just as many political problems. It tells the story of a young prince whose loved one is kidnapped. This may sound like Mario to you, but before you scream "cliché", let me tell you that the story's true plot is much deeper, darker and treacherous. On his journey he is joined by his older sister Cecily and they travel between locations on the trail of the kidnapper.
This is where things start to change. On their journey, things start to fall into place in the prince's mind. Some things don't add up and so they search deeper, under the hidden political landscape of their world and discover the true nature of their quest, and the truth behind the kidnapping.
Who kidnapped Melody? Why was she really kidnapped? What kind of fowl-play is at hand?
What will it look like? Where will the series be published? How big will it get?
The actual series will be a 2D animated adventure. Watch the following video (in the spoiler) to see what kind of format I see working well for this project.
To put it simply, an animated visual novel. Therefore the need for thousands of images is reduced as much as possible and we can still make something visually impressive.
My idea is to publish the series on Youtube, and maybe Vimeo, but Youtube has a much bigger potential audience and monetization scheme.
I am pretty sure the series will be successful thanks to all the factors in play and my goal is to eventually get partnered with a big network such as Maker Studios.
What I'm looking for
What do I need to make this project happen?
- (One or more) graphics designer/artist: Someone who can draw the characters and locations. I'm not looking for a properly animated series unless this can actually be made. My vision of the series is to have non-moving images that represent the scene, like this:
- Video editor: Although I can do this myself, my software is limited and my experience is only that of basic youtube music videos, like this:
Therefore I feel a dedicated video editor could do a much better job than myself.
- Main character voice actress for female lead role, "Cecily": Obviously I cannot do this myself so I need a lead voice actress who can commit to a large number of episodes.
What I Already Have
- Marketing strategy
- 80% of the cast in voice actors
This is a set of music that is from the soundtrack, or based on parts of the story. The genres are varied, but the actual soundtrack will be more classical with a touch of guitar here and there.
I Give You My Mind, the twisted love story between the prince and Melody.
Rebirth's Retribution, Orchestral Version
An alternative electronica version of the theme, but not for the series
A heavy metal track based on the rush to battle at the start of the story, not necessarily for the series
What I can offer
What will you get out of working on the project?
- Any money made will be shared between all who take part in the production side of things (hopefully no more than 4 people total). At first this won't be a lot, but please consider that with less than 30 000 views on my own channel I have made $35, so imagine what we could do with a successful show! Even more so if we get partnership from a big network such as MakerStudios!
- Anyone who takes part gets to grow their potential audience thanks to links that will be placed in every video's description to the entire cast and production team
- Youtube channels will also be linked in the videos themselves thanks to tags.
- The opportunity to work in a small but effective team with a common goal and friendly atmosphere
Let's make this epic!
Thank you for reading this thread. If you have any questions, you can ask via PM or by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
|07-08-2012 07:02 PM
RE: Rebirth's Retribution - The Animated Series?
I'm always up to help you for voice acting but not for Cecily :p
Especially since I played your RR game demo, I know the story'll be amazing enough to catch attention from people.
Upcoming RPG XP project: Legends of the Flaming Falcons
In a distant future an ancient threat stirs...heroes of old take up their arms once more.
For my writing project that includes my rmxp project I'm also maintaining a private wiki; if you wish to follow me, let me know.
My developer blog can be found here:
Gazetteer responsible for Pherione's Developer Interviews. My thread here
More info or questions? PM me
|07-08-2012 08:30 PM