Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
VXA question regarding off-screen events
Okay, so I've been playing around with events and such, but... say I have a really tall event (like 5 tiles high)

How can I make RPG Maker VX Ace display that event whether the root tile of that event (bottom center) is on or off screen?
[Image: yy7iKKb.png]

ITCH: jayray.itch.io
Currently working on Goblin Gulch (MV)
Currently working on JayVinci Resurrection
Currently working on Bakin ABS (BAKIN)
Reply }
Default RPG Maker VXAce does this just fine. You might need help with whatever script you are using to draw at a different resolution.
Reply }
Okay, I got it solved sorta... See, I am using the Ultimate Overlay script that handles ground and parallax just fine, it's just a situation of splitting a graphic for the tiles that a player can go in front of and the ones that a player will always be behind in the viewport... Now, in the case of a tile that's over 2.2 Tiles tall, it becomes a bt tricky to get it to work. However, by resizing my sprites to just UNDER 2 tiles, I can easily fit them inside the span needed for clean matching between the ground overlay and the over-overlay...
No events needed...

Now, instead of trying to break apart each and every sprite into those two layers, i Can create the whole map place things wherever I want them, and instead cut them out from photoshop as one major layer... But releasing the two sprites (one as a ground, and one with the parallax and shadow on it, works just fine for this endeavor... Leavy stuff on trees will overlap this 2 tile boundary just fine... and tree trunks (or literally anything touching the ground will have one tile... (a character stand in front of a tree trunk and the tree trunk occupies a space, so all is well, anything beyond that, stays as part of the foreground and is fine

(PICTURES will come soon)

This leave s me to explore all sorts of ortho-isometric rendering possibilities, to create a unique style that renders my maps in the same way as Baldur's gate... Since movement is arrow or mouse based, I can still use the diagonal and basic RPG Movement tilebase,a nd use the basic RM collision for areas...
[Image: yy7iKKb.png]

ITCH: jayray.itch.io
Currently working on Goblin Gulch (MV)
Currently working on JayVinci Resurrection
Currently working on Bakin ABS (BAKIN)
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   question about sprites wider than 32px criz 3 7,125 05-26-2016, 08:49 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
  Any way to make events trigger other events? MechanicalPen 3 6,164 04-01-2013, 11:54 PM
Last Post: MechanicalPen
  Lag from Erased/deleted events Taylor 3 6,316 06-01-2012, 06:05 AM
Last Post: Taylor
  how do i sequence a chain of events? shintashi 5 8,392 01-05-2012, 01:42 AM
Last Post: KasperKalamity
  777 with events Ace 2 5,870 01-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Ace