Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 RPG Revolution - R.I.P.
A little bad news for anyone who may wonder why one of their bookmarked RPG-related sites went bonkers.... and look who broke the news!

PK8 Wrote:Bad news to anyone who may have been a fan of RPG RPG Revolution.

It looks as though iEntry finally took down the site and they didn't even issue any kind of warning or message. That really sucks. Now they're just using the RRR brand to further their other crap. See for yourself: http://rpgrevolution.com

PK8 Wrote:iEntry were the owners of the RPG RPG Revolution domain and site. They bought it off of the founder of the place, a guy who went by Rydain/Rydin, for a hefty sum of money back in 2008. Rydin once told me a few years back in a convo I barely remember that he regretted making the decision to sell it off.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Wait WHAT?!
=O
That's horrible! RRR had such a great community! And many members posted their things ONLY on that site. And it was neatly organized. And well known! And...and...and!
What the hell?! T--T

I hate it when one single person can decide to just destory something great just like that!
First the RPG Studio (altough that's now back, on a diffrent domain and the loss of all things from this year) and now RRR.
Q_Q
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
well damn that explians why when I went back there to stock up on scripts agian- it was not accessible.
Reply }
Well it looks like I missed this.

Didn't even get a chance to rip some of my exclusive posts. Oh well.
"Scripting, It's my way of life." ~ Legacy
Reply }
In similar news (because it's iEntry related), RPGMakerVX.net is also dead.

You could look up some old threads however.
Reply }
EXCUSE ME? Cry iEntry had no business in gaming if this is how they treat the community.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Wait, what?
THAT is why the site is down? For heavens sake.
2014 is not a good year for RPG Maker communities.
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
Seems like 90% of my bookmarks lead to dead sites nowadays, I've pretty much given up caring, the golden age is gone.

Who needs community driven sites when you can just plug your credit card into steam or something similar? Buy! Buy! Buy! Sarcasm + Confused

It's a different landscape then most of us thrived in once. You don't trade resources, you don't collab with people, the culture went from being called "amateur game design" to "indie game dev". And it's a whole different atmosphere with different mindsets I'm afraid.
[Image: IMG28-1336331545.gif]
sig~na~ture
Reply }
Found this via another forum. How many RPG Maker sites have bitten the dust on this year alone?

It's really sad to see a community going out not with bang but with a whimper.
Reply }
Impersonal is probably the best way to describe it. Everyone is just out to make a quick dollar these days and so few people do it for the fun of it. I don't know if you check steam often but it's currently being flooded with horrible AWFUL rpg maker games, and the worst part is that they all have a price tag attached to them. The days of people making games to share with their friends for fun are pretty much over.

My only complaint with steam is all this early access business.

All too common.

They're selling betas now, it's a thing. You buy a jigsaw puzzle that passes off as a game and then it just sits in your library collecting dust until one day the dev may or may not decide to finish it if they feel like it. :/
[Image: IMG28-1336331545.gif]
sig~na~ture
Reply }