Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Lets Make a Game
Video 
I am starting a new project on Twitch. Every weekday from 2pm-3pm EST I will stream myself making a game live in RMXP. People that watch are free to comment, talk about whatever, and suggest things as the game gets made.

I will use three scripts I made myself with some help from PK8. I will also use a few made by Derv and anyone else who allows me to use theirs. Any scripts I make for my project will be publicly available at the end of the project.

This is nothing amazing, but I figure the series will end up being a tutorial on how to use the scripts involved and how to make a game in RMXP as a whole. videos will be uploaded to youtube the same day they are made.

Anything I learn or already know will be explained and shown as I do each stream. I will likely only work on this live an hour a day with research the rest of the time as needed to the best of my abilities.

What kind of game will it end up being? What will the story be? Who knows. We'll see how it goes!

http://www.twitch.tv/gwen_the_lily_knight/ is where you can watch.
Reply }
Good for you =D
I've wanted to do something similar but was unable to. So it's good to see that other people get to have this experience ^^
Have fun!
Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You, too? Thought I was the only one." (C.S. Lewis)
For the time you're laughing, there's nothing wrong in the world. (Colin Mochrie)

If it's funny, make sure people laugh. If it's not funny, make it funny (unless it's actually really serious). (silvercheers)

Please don't spell my name "Yamina-chan". It's all small. Thank you =D
Reply }
I love the quotes in your signature yamina-chan. Thank you for the kind words. I tend to be very insecure about putting myself out there.
Reply }
I'm going to spend most of the first day pitching ideas of things I can make to whoever is at the first stream. Ill post here with a link to the first video tomorrow after it uploads to youtube.
Reply }
Great idea!!!
(Also, why the new account? Either way it's nice to not be the only fox around any more!)
Reply }
Thanks Renard. I wanted a fresh start since I've been gone from the community for ages.
Reply }

Today I pitched a bunch of different games. Feel free to watch and leave an opinion.
Reply }
Lovely to hear your voice again, I like how you talk. :3
As for your ideas, they're quite original and you seem to like turning stereotypes on their heads.
The Slime that has to run away from adventurers sounds like it could be fun. It would probably work better on another engine though... Or you'd need to get multidirectional pixel-based movement.
The management/sim games would be FUN AS HELL to program. I made one once (well, I didn't get very far but you could buy a plot of land, buy food for animals and raise cattle) and it was a blast.
The "you're a ruler and run a country" idea, I can see some Ace Attorney action in that one.

To sum it up, I think you should take advantage of your more unusual ideas. I strongly believe they would be the more popular games as people seem to like quirky or unusual things these days (when it comes to indie games).
Reply }
First off, I just wanna clear up that Dube didn't make the initial View Range script, but Near Fantastica (or Jaime Webster if you prefer his real name). Winking Interesting that you have a means to prevent enemies from attacking. It kinda reminds me of the original NES game, Metal Gear (the grandfather of the Metal Gear Solid series), where you used a card board box to hide under so the guards don't see ya.

And while you said you were good at making mazes, you may wish to look into Tonbi's Random Map Generator. Shouldn't be too hard to search for in the forum. I mean, how many things have the name Tonbi, right? I translated it from Chinese (though I thought it was Japanese at the start). You don't need to actively have it in your game, but you can use it as a tool to make random maps. Just copy the render from one project and paste it into the other.

SERIOUSLY? A SLIME? I laughed and enjoyed the whole 'Slime' game idea. I mean, total role reversal! Laughing + Tongue sticking out But ya may wanna give it a reason to go out from its safe haven or whatnot. And regarding the pirate game, are you sure your name isn't ***** ???

A non-combat game reminds me of those SIERRA point-n-click puzzle games like King's Quest or Police Quest. I kinda thought about that when you brought up your Harvest Moon Homicide Detective concept. Need a harvest script? A mouse point-n-click script? Winking

I'm afraid I got my DL was cut off when you were discussing the story about the rebel's son and the two retired army vets who didn't want to get involved.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
I made the correction in the description of the first and live on the second. My brain messed up so hard.

We have decided to make a game where you play a slime. You have to survive against heroes that want to exterminate you and the big bad that wants to enslave you. As you go through the game you evolve based on what you have been eating. When you get big enough to split you make a slime baby to put in your slime home or follow and fight with you. The slime babies can't evolve and are not nearly as smart as you. But they do listen to you rather well. The slime babies have whatever powers you had when you made them.

After this game is made 100% done a kickstarter for a multi player version of it will be started as soon as the final product is approved by the viewers.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   SMILE GAME BUILDER only $13.99 DerVVulfman 0 776 12-27-2022, 05:06 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Unnamed Game Engine is known as Roole kyonides 2 3,716 08-28-2020, 11:02 AM
Last Post: kyonides
   I have a request when making your next game... JayRay 1 4,484 11-07-2017, 10:56 PM
Last Post: kyonides
   Input on what sort of game you'd be interested in ChickenFetus 7 12,771 06-28-2016, 03:14 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Game Development Dream Team Kain Nobel 2 6,067 06-17-2016, 03:43 AM
Last Post: Bounty Hunter Lani
   my Game Battle Questions! JayRay 3 5,846 08-08-2015, 08:01 PM
Last Post: JayRay
   [Kinda-Poll] Pattern Game for new maker hanetzer 4 7,751 01-29-2015, 11:06 PM
Last Post: JayRay
  Game Idea Thread KasperKalamity 30 35,204 11-14-2012, 12:58 AM
Last Post: KasperKalamity
  XNA Game Stdio 4.0 millarso 2 5,665 08-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Last Post: millarso
Question  Releasing game soundtracks Python Blue 7 10,084 06-15-2012, 02:34 PM
Last Post: Python Blue