Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 The Future of RWBY
Heart 
In light of Monty Oum's recent and untimely death, the guys over at RoosterTeeth posted some news regarding the future of their hit series and Monty Oum's brainchild, RWBY.

Link: http://roosterteeth.com/news/entry.php?id=5678655

Read below, if the above link isn't working for you.
Quote:Hello everyone-

Given the excitement and questions that came out of PAX East over the weekend (sorry we couldn't be there!), maybe now would be a good time to talk briefly about the future of RWBY's production.

RWBY Volume 3 will indeed premiere this year. While the animation crew is hard at work on RvB13, RWBY is returning to the early stages of pre-production. Kerry and Miles are getting ready to dive into the scripts, and I'm talking to the guys about pre-viz. Meanwhile, Shane's already choreographing a new fight sequence (Argh - want to tease this matchup so much! Let's just say Yang intends to teach someone a well-deserved lesson), and our tenacious tech team is getting the production pipeline ready.

For those wondering, Monty was heavily involved in shaping the future of the world of Remnant. His story ideas will live on, and you will also be able to see some of the animation he'd begun working on for Volume 3. The team has known for some time the direction in which the next volumes are headed, and Rooster Teeth is committed to bringing these tales to you.

So, while it's too early to go into any further detail, be assured that the adventures of Ruby Rose and her friends will continue as planned. 'Til then, please keep sharing your writing, art and photos. They mean so much, now more than ever. They keep us going, and we love seeing them as
much as we love sharing our stories with you.

Warm regards,
Gray, Kerry, and Miles

P.S.
We also hear that, as we speak, AH is putting the finishing touches on
"Let's Build: The Musical Motion Picture." Ask Jack about it! [Image: smiley0.gif]

Looks like Monty Oum's legacy and the world of Remnant lives on. :)
Reply }
Rejoicing!
"Turning iron ore into iron swords is a hard process, for one must first dig out the rock, and melt it to refine it, then one must pour that metal into a mould, let it cool a bit, and pound on it while it cools even further. Games are no different." - Ahzoh

Universal Declaration of Human Rights in Vrkhazhian
ʾEšol ḵavud ʾelẕakud lav ʾezʾaẕud zwazaršeru ya lit žalneru lav lit t͛enud. Ṗal sa-ražheru lav raržižu paplam lav ṗal widsaṟam bemaḵu šuku lit ʾeyṭu waẏnilaẇ.
All human beings are born free and equal in dignity and rights. They are endowed with reason and conscience and should act towards one another in a spirit of brotherhood.
Reply }
T-T That's a relief.
Reply }
That sucks. I mean him dying not keeping the show going.
[Image: IMG28-1336331545.gif]
sig~na~ture
Reply }
I was one of those people who honestly didn't like RWBY but, nevertheless, I appreciate Monty Oum's dedication to his vision. That whole thing gave me some major "Antagonist in Mourning" feels... : (

I wish RoosterTeeth the best of luck with continuing it. They have some rather big shoes to fill.

What would draw me back in for a third season would be is a bigger emphasis on story along with keeping up the action Oum was known for - and, to his credit, what he was an absolute master at. So far we've had a lot of talk of war and tournaments and evil plans but nothing's really happening with those things, so here's hoping that more is made of them. I'm willing to try and approach this new season with an open mind.
3DS Friend Code: 3411-1039-9335
(Add me for teh pokeymanz and barvely deefalt!)

[Image: tumblr_inline_nzmbrz53G11sotucm_1280.png]
Click for the latest update - and vote for someone to die! >8D
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Apple's Swift Dark Future kyonides 0 3,183 01-27-2019, 06:51 AM
Last Post: kyonides