Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
 ATOA Chanting Battle Animations
ATOA Chanting Battle Animations
Version: 1.0

Introduction
This script, an add-on to ATOA's ACBS system, adds the ability to apply battle animations to battlers that are delayed by the ATB/CTB casting time delays, known as Chanting Times. It is only for use with the ACBS and requires either the ATB or CTB add-on.

Script
"Script Time!"

Instructions
In the script as always.

Compatibility
For use with Atoa's (Victor Sant's) ACBS system and either its ATB or CTB add-on.

Terms and Conditions
Free for use, even in commercial games. And as this script was requested by Noctis, you have to give both of us credit for this script.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
Sorry, for resurrecting this old topic, but there a problem that I encounter.
If a hero has a chanting animation, the chanting animation is above the caster. And in addition the animation is also above the other actors which looks kinda odd. XD.
Can you do a little edit where I can determine if the chanting animation is above or under the caster and I also want to determine if the animation should be above or under other actors. ^^

Sorry for such a late reply.
Reply }
I don't need to. :Tongue: It appears that Vic handled that already within ACBS | Config 1 - Basic

Look around the 300 line area and you will see a section where you can define x, y and even Z (depth) offsets for battle animations. And it would be the Z depth you will be having fun with.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]

Reply }
Hell, why didint I  notice that line? It really amazes me how much Vic included into his battle system. Okay, that problem can be considered fixed, but there is a problem thats remaining for me. I dont know how to express it in a proper way. And I also dont know what could causes it.
Sometimes, when I use a skill that has a chanting animation, the animation of the chanting does not fully circle, at one point it repeats without finishing the full animation. Looks like that a one frame of the chanting animation vanishes for a single moment, its the fist frame. But it doesnt happen all the time.
Heres a video file that I recorded. You'll understand if you look at the cast animation at the beginning and then near the end.
https://workupload.com/file/JTANuM7
Reply }
I hope I can bump this...
So...
BUMP
Reply }
I apologize. However, the animation sequences are based upon the same systems that Vic/Atoa used in the rest of his systems. And with that, the edits he made to the animation system as a whole.

It is possible that you may need a shorter battle animation sequence, one that allows the entire sequence to finish its animation before it is called to re-loop. Have you attempted to use these animations in other Atoa defined animation sequences?

The only other thing I can think of is that the animation, as it is tied to the skill/item/whatever's ID.... it may also be tied to the battle animation delay settings for the actual 'hit effect'. The value of "TIMEBEFOREANIM/**" in the default system delays the battle animation effect by ** frames after the hit is performed. and "TIMEAFTERANIM/**" causes a delay after the animation is performed.

Reply }
You dont need to apologize, for some reasons the script section in this forum is always full of new problems.^^
Well, I didint use the animation in any other way than just in your script, also I didint bound it to a certain skill.
Well, how much shorter can I make the animations? They're already only 11 or 12 frames, I mean they're called animations for a certain reason. I could give it a try for testing reasons. Im going to test something anyway.
Isnt it possible to make the animation somehow untouched from the core script?
From what I see, the main problem is, that theres a delay or a gap when the animation should be replayed, dont know what it causes it.

Btw. on ACBS | Config 1 - Basic line 312 I found a interesting line.

# State cycle times.

State_Cycle_Time = 2

Dont know what it does.^^

Btw. It doesnt have a effect if the animation is short or not. Its the opposite. Even if a animation is made of 3 frames, there will be a delay if the animation needs to load again. It has nothing to do with the animations frames. It would be even better to make larger animation, because then the delay can will be delayed. Well, thats also not a  solution. Because there will be a delay for sure.
For some reasons however sometimes the animation doesnt have a delay, sometimes it does. Im not sure what it is caused by.
Reply }
Okay, i think its time for a bug report.
I tried various things out to get this script right,
remember the cyle loop bug where the animaion isnt fully looped or where the animation has a delay until it will reloop - I actually think I manged to solve this.
Im not 100% sure if it works.
I added the line:
update_idle_anim_chantanim
two times more on the end of the script.
under line 181 and under line 190

However, there are still some in the script which I cant solve on my own. And these two bugs are not caused by my edit as I tried.
1. When a hero is casting a skill which has a chantannim and another hero will kill all enemies before the Hero can cast his skill, his chantanim will stay there even in the victory pose without going away. Additionally, the chantanim will even be in the next battle for a while until it vanishes after some seconds.

2. What troubles me even more is: When an enemy is attacking a hero which is casting a skill with a chantanim the chantanim will reloop again even if the animation isnt fully finished will looks very odd. it looks like double casting.
Heres my edited version...
The edits are marked with a edit:

Edit: I removed it because its not solving the problem.
Reply }
Kinda busy right now. Confused HOWEVER, there are two issues on your edits which I do not recommend.

The first edit is where you add the update_idle_anim_chantanim to the end of the update_idle_anim_delay method. When update_idle_anim_chantanim runs, it goes through several statements until it runs the update_idle_anim_delay. But the update_idle_anim_delay needs to be the last thing run within the chant animation itself in the animations system. But by your edit, it re-runs the update_idle_anim_chantanim system again which will run over... and over. That's referred to as an infinite loop. Not recommended at all.

As to your other edit, you put update_idle_anim_chantanim at the end of the update_idle_anim_waiting? method. Initially, the update_idle_anim_chantanim method checks the anim_waiting? method to see if there is a delay, and then skip out. It appears to me that you wanted it to re-run the method after the check which is certainly NOT desirable. ............ It won't work. Thankfully, you put the edit after the 'return' statement that not only passes a true/false value, but exits the method BEFORE it gets to your edit. If it didn't exit, you would end up with another infinite loop. Again, not recommended at all.

Reply }
Oh I see, then, Im going to remove my edit above.
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Battle Item Count kyonides 4 643 02-04-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: kyonides
   Dalissa's Battle Cry DerVVulfman 2 6,489 05-09-2023, 03:07 AM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Zenith Tactical Battle System Plus (ZTBS+) DerVVulfman 0 1,888 05-10-2022, 10:42 PM
   Actor Battle Items DerVVulfman 4 4,766 11-08-2020, 12:36 PM
Last Post: Melana
   Battle Report Raziel 1 6,126 05-29-2020, 02:27 AM
Last Post: Whisper
   ZLSL's Battle Portraits DerVVulfman 4 6,311 11-12-2019, 04:10 AM
   ACBS - Atoa Custom Battle System 3.2 Victor Sant 150 221,490 03-02-2019, 04:47 AM
Last Post: dragonprincess44
   Mimi's Battle Music DerVVulfman 2 7,978 11-19-2018, 04:18 AM
   Automatic Battle Actions Claihm 1 6,581 08-15-2016, 09:15 PM
Last Post: Melana
   Battle : No Battle End ME Kain Nobel 0 4,797 06-04-2016, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Kain Nobel