Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Atoa ACBS HP Regen Skill
I'm looking to implement an HP regen skill/state into my game, but have not been able to find any that are compatible with Atoa's ACBS. Has anyone ever come across one that might work with this system? The only regeneration script I've found that works with the ACBS is DerVVulfman's defend/regen script (http://save-point.org/thread-5334.html?highlight=regen). Would it be possible to modify this so that regen can be applied as a state instead of a defense perk? I would really only need the HP regen, but I guess SP regen would be a nice bonus too.
[Image: 403089fd-8655-4933-856d-34b1f3ca91a6.png]
Reply }
Dude, Atoa even made one in the very demo.
If I recall correctly, status number 17 is HP regen and status 18 is SP Regen.

It even has SP regen and HP regen!
Reply }
Wow...I've had this script for so long and have all of my own states set up I forgot that was ever in there in the first place. How embarassing lol.

It totally does work too, thanks for reminding me about that!

EDIT: After a little more testing, I seem to be randomly getting the regen applied twice in a turn with the damage pop only appearing once, so you end up getting twice the amount restored than what the number is saying. Anyone else ever had this happen?
Reply }
Yes, the counting is wrong. If you write 1% it gives you always double the number. Maybe you can have a scripter look after it because Im not a programmer.
Im sorry, I cant help ya any futher.
But I'll look on to this topic.
Reply }
I guess worst case scenario I could just remove the damage pop and make the healing rate half of what I want it to be.
Reply }
Yes. Der VVulfman is a actual scripter and moderator here, he had to deal a lot with the ATOA ACBS because there were many addon request regarding the scripts and many people compained about problems. You can find many topics about it. Maybe he can have a look. I've downloaded all the custom made addons for the Script so far.

Btw. tomorrow im gonna make some tests with the HP Regen bug. I will look what I can do. Keep reading this topic..
Reply }
Cool, yeah I'll keep an eye on it. I did see a couple of DerVV's edits too - I was adding a passive states system the other day when I realized that confuse was totally broken when they players attacked themselves. Sure enough, there was already a fix for it. It's too bad the ACBS never got fixes for all the bugs it had, it is a great system. Can't really blame Atoa/Victor for moving on though since XP was already becoming outdated at the time.
Reply }
(03-08-2016, 02:41 AM)Lightness Wrote: Cool, yeah I'll keep an eye on it. I did see a couple of DerVV's edits too - I was adding a passive states system the other day when I realized that confuse was totally broken when they players attacked themselves. Sure enough, there was already a fix for it. It's too bad the ACBS never got fixes for all the bugs it had, it is a great system. Can't really blame Atoa/Victor for moving on though since XP was already becoming outdated at the time.

It seems like they're two methods used in the Script, but im not sure. And thats the only way I can think of  it. And also, what seems to be funny is, that th text "HP" and "SP" is shown also twice like HP is reduced or regenerated twice. LOL. I never noticed it until now.
Reply }
I think there are two methods because he had two levels of slip states for stacking (slip state 1 and slip state 2). If damage is on 1 and regen is on 2, you're supposed to get separate damage pops for each. Otherwise if both are on the same slip state, it will factor the damage of both and give you the end result (like if you simultaneously took 100 poison damage and regenerated 50 health, it would show 50 damage instead of both).

I haven't really done any testing with stacking yet, I wanted to finish up some other systems before coming back to this. Maybe I'll take another look at it when I get home from work.
Reply }
The problem is that you will always get one of two possible results, you either get the total amount of damage-regen as a single pop up sprite or you only get one of them at a time. I really think the only way to solve this is to keep hp damage separate from sp damage. Keep in mind that damage and regen (of the same kind) use the same damage display method meaning that if one is greater than the other you will only get 1 single result. To make sure they don't take place at the same time, damage and regen should also have their own specific moments to show up on screen unless we were talking about some healing magic skill of sorts.
"For God has not destined us for wrath, but for obtaining salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ," 1 Thessalonians 5:9

Maranatha!

The Internet might be either your friend or enemy. It just depends on whether or not she has a bad hair day.

[Image: SP1-Scripter.png]
[Image: SP1-Writer.png]
[Image: SP1-Poet.png]
[Image: SP1-PixelArtist.png]
[Image: SP1-Reporter.png]

My Original Stories (available in English and Spanish)

List of Compiled Binary Executables I have published...
HiddenChest & Roole

Give me a free copy of your completed game if you include at least 3 of my scripts! Laughing + Tongue sticking out

Just some scripts I've already published on the board...
KyoGemBoost XP VX & ACE, RandomEnkounters XP, KSkillShop XP, Kolloseum States XP, KEvents XP, KScenario XP & Gosu, KyoPrizeShop XP Mangostan, Kuests XP, KyoDiscounts XP VX, ACE & MV, KChest XP VX & ACE 2016, KTelePort XP, KSkillMax XP & VX & ACE, Gem Roulette XP VX & VX Ace, KRespawnPoint XP, VX & VX Ace, GiveAway XP VX & ACE, Klearance XP VX & ACE, KUnits XP VX, ACE & Gosu 2017, KLevel XP, KRumors XP & ACE, KMonsterPals XP VX & ACE, KStatsRefill XP VX & ACE, KLotto XP VX & ACE, KItemDesc XP & VX, KPocket XP & VX, OpenChest XP VX & ACE
Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   ACBS - Atoa Custom Battle System and TP System zlsl 2 3,577 10-20-2021, 05:09 AM
Last Post: zlsl
   [RMXP] Showing skill gained by leveling up on battle result FrQise 12 9,960 05-07-2021, 02:05 PM
Last Post: FrQise
   Skill Cooldown script Fenriswolf 11 13,703 12-10-2019, 11:10 AM
Last Post: Fenriswolf
   I want to add an Atoa Custom Battle System command cut-in. zlsl 11 11,530 11-11-2019, 08:55 PM
Last Post: DerVVulfman
   Question about ACBS (Atoa Custom Battle System) aeliath 10 10,585 08-08-2019, 02:50 PM
Last Post: aeliath
   Atoa Individual Battle Commands Geminil 3 6,004 08-02-2017, 03:17 AM
   Scan skill should show states Tumen 5 8,079 05-02-2017, 03:33 AM
   Dervvulfman's Skill Tree (Micko's) Passive Skill Malfunction! reiji1337 6 8,480 04-28-2017, 03:27 AM
Last Post: reiji1337
  Expiration States with Atoa acbs: error Noctis 5 7,922 02-18-2017, 01:10 AM
Shocked  Help needed with Atoa's CBS jreagan406 2 4,985 02-16-2017, 12:36 PM
Last Post: jreagan406