Poll: 256x256 Map
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
2 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Something smaller
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 256x256 Map?
Hey guys how's your day? I was thinking about doing a 256x256 map on my game but then I thought it might be too intense for some computers. I don't want it to be like mario where you are really big compared to the castles. Anyways whats your suggestion on the map? Thanks! (RPG Maker MV)
Reply }
256? I go 500x500 with my big ones Happy But then again, I use RPGMaker XP.

Any issues with slowdown on maps with a large number of events can be solved with a typical Anti-Lag script. Near Fantastica wrote the earliest one out there, followed by scripts by Amaranth (or Lambchop), and by Zeriab. I'm sure there has got to be something like that for RPGMaker VXAce.
Required Double-bump as you already viewed the previous post (I'll merge my posts once you see it). You use RMMV, and there IS a plugin that acts as an anti-Lag script. The link given to me by JayRay:

Preload Manager by Galenmereth.
TDDP - PreloadManager lets you preload resources on both map load (in between map transfers) and/or upon starting the game to ensure resources such as pictures, music and sound effects are preloaded and guaranteed ready to go for player interaction.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)
[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png] [Image: liM4ikn.png] [Image: fdzKgZA.png] [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png] [Image: uSqjY09.png] [Image: GAA3qE9.png] [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png] [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Above are clickable links

Reply }
I've done 500x500 maps before, but like DerVV, I use RMXP. Since I started composing my maps on Photoshop I can't do that anymore, though, a 500x500 map is 16,000 pixels wide which... would make for one hell of a tileset.
Reply }