Save-Point
What's up, RMers? - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: What's up, RMers? (/thread-395.html)

RE: What's up, RMers? - Remi-chan - 06-03-2024

Imagine needing a script to make a custom menu, ha ha! (I can't feel my arms...)

It is time for an update at last!

Outside of the optional event dossier, all of it is done.

You might also notice the system sounds are different. You are most welcome~!

Database:
108 Pamphlets
118 Brochures
19 Tutorials
90 Medals
7 Delicacies
44 Ribbons
75 Charms
DONE!

Effects:
DONE!

Missions
Main Story Missions (DONE!)
Optional Event Dossier (NOT STARTED!)

Profile:
DONE!

System:
DONE!

Saves:
DONE!

To Title:
DONE!

Bonus! Pjcr got me the rest of the Rex Flexin portraits, so to commemorate him and Mal Morris getting their official artwork, I did a cool video recording!

Siege from Polaris

Was in high spirits for this one!

And I decided to record a couple more scenes!

The Dark Fate of Humanity

Whuuf, quite a distressing one!

Luckily, I have some very fun lighthearted shows of flavor text to counteract the above!

Green Gumball's Gallivanting

Red Rapscallion's Room

Retrofunky Rooftop Ruckus

So much fun flavor dialogue!

RE: What's up, RMers? - DerVVulfman - 06-03-2024

(06-03-2024, 12:02 AM)Remi-chan Wrote: Imagine needing a script to make a custom menu, ha ha! (I can't feel my arms...)
Well, I am pretty sure volume control is not something available for eventing. Winking

RE: What's up, RMers? - Remi-chan - 06-03-2024

(06-03-2024, 02:09 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote:
(06-03-2024, 12:02 AM)Remi-chan Wrote: Imagine needing a script to make a custom menu, ha ha! (I can't feel my arms...)
Well, I am pretty sure volume control is not something available for eventing. Winking
Are you sure about that?[Image: IzAiTy4.png]
Also...
[Image: ZLeSz6i.png]
Lol!

Also you can simply alter volume by doing a play BGM (for example) command and changing the volume exclusively for the same track. I utilize this trick often in Fantasia

RE: What's up, RMers? - Remi-chan - 06-08-2024

So progress has been going well! The optional event dossier is well underway and I now have it at a stage where i can comfortably show a video recording of it.

To note, not all of these will be unlocked at once, as that would be fairly spoiler in some cases. But for the vast majority, you'll have the knowledge of an optional event LONG before you miss out on it if you check it regularly enough.

The system was developed in response to one of the only complaints Siletrea had about the game during her extensive play through, in that you can miss a LOT of stuff if you don't have me (the dev0 whispering it in your ear, and even then she managed to miss the Rolly events ahaha.

This is not only to circumvent that, but to give more transparency on what you might have to gain from optional events and how they sometimes chain together.

In other news, Pjcr did the impossible and got me five files in rapid succession. While it was meant to be the Fowlhunters he sent, he instead sent all but one of the Zirkovians due to him poorly naming the folder with the Zirkovians in it 'fowlhunters'. Ha ha, woops!

Either way, I was happy to receive more files! Here's a preview of those sillies!
[Image: RtKns8L.png]
You might remember them from the Last Gasp of the Triumvirate video, if not-- well, I might redo that video once I have all of the Zirkovians and they are all updated.

RE: What's up, RMers? - Remi-chan - 06-17-2024

Cool menu is finished and implemented. All that is really left is switch flipping to make it not silly!

Once it's all properly implemented I can start also going and adding in weather effects, optimizing the map name window (which you see in that video) and doing various other tweaks with picture_FX all by moghunter to make this game really shine as well as bug fixing to heck and back!

Oh yeah, here's a video where I breeze through the 180 optional events in the dossier.

You're welcome. Yes I did all of those entries in less than a week and no, i do not know how I am still in a productive state.

My productivity is a beast beyond mortal comprehension and reason so even if I knew why or how I wouldn't be able to translate it for you.

RE: What's up, RMers? - Steel Beast 6Beets - 06-20-2024

Shit, man! Shit, shit, SHIT!!

I ran a disk cleaning program and it ended up deleting several applications including RMXP, Adobe Acrobat Reader and my default anti-virus. No idea why that happened. Fortunately, A quick System Restore managed to fix everything.

I'm still shaking.

RE: What's up, RMers? - DerVVulfman - 06-21-2024

HOLY HECK!
[Image: giphy.gif]

Well, I guess disk CLEANING qualifies as Scrubbing Everything off the Hard Drive.

Glad you got your stuff back.

RE: What's up, RMers? - Steel Beast 6Beets - 06-21-2024

Yeah, it was a pretty harrowing experience not going to lie.

Things now seem to go back to normal, thankfully.

RE: What's up, RMers? - kyonides - 06-21-2024

Ccleaner seems to have a bad reputation and I think it deserves it. The app can delete more than just "unused apps and file extension associations" than ever needed.

RE: What's up, RMers? - Steel Beast 6Beets - 06-22-2024

Actually I ran Advanced SystemCare since the free version of Ccleaner no longer let you clean stuff. Now that's exclusive to the paid version.