Save-Point
Customizable (Enhanced) Equipment by Charlie Fleed, Version 1.0 - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Support (https://www.save-point.org/forum-18.html)
+--- Thread: Customizable (Enhanced) Equipment by Charlie Fleed, Version 1.0 (/thread-210.html)

Customizable (Enhanced) Equipment by Charlie Fleed, Version 1.0 - Villain - 05-18-2010

the question is:

I make such condition: battle points is grown up in battle at random turn.
But if some skill was already learned, they wright that it's learned - after every battle.
How to force this message to shows at once?

[split] Customizable (Enhanced) Equipment by Charlie Fleed, Version 1.0 - Charlie Fleed - 05-19-2010

Villain Wrote:the question is:

But if some skill was already learned, they wright that it's learned - after every battle.

I'm having serious troubles understanding what you are saying. I'm sorry. Are you using a translator?

[split] Customizable (Enhanced) Equipment by Charlie Fleed, Version 1.0 - Boot - 05-19-2010

Charlie Fleed Wrote:
Villain Wrote:the question is:

I'm having serious troubles understanding what you are saying. I'm sorry. Are you using a translator?

I think he's saying that he has the characters earn battle points, then they learn a skill, however the message saying that a skill has been learned shows at the end of every battle, rather than just once.

[split] Customizable (Enhanced) Equipment by Charlie Fleed, Version 1.0 - Charlie Fleed - 05-19-2010

In that case, at first glance, it wouldn't have anything to do with this script.

[split] Customizable (Enhanced) Equipment by Charlie Fleed, Version 1.0 - Villain - 05-21-2010

Sorry... no)) when i finished using translator, i become misunderstanding) Have a serious problems with my grammar...
Hmmm... i'll try once more time:

I make an event in battle. This event adds a few points to the overall scorer characters.
Recall that condition of learning of new skill - 100 points (for example)
When the character gets 100 points, after the battle there is a window with the message: HERO learn a new skill!
But in the next battle, at the end - this message appears again and again!
How to make a one-time message?

[split] Customizable (Enhanced) Equipment by Charlie Fleed, Version 1.0 - Charlie Fleed - 05-21-2010

Okay, now I'm pretty sure this is not something related to this script.
This goes in the General Support section.

[split] Customizable (Enhanced) Equipment by Charlie Fleed, Version 1.0 - Charlie Fleed - 05-22-2010

Is this something you do for just one skill or more than one?

And where do you store the amount of points? Some variable?

[split] Customizable (Enhanced) Equipment by Charlie Fleed, Version 1.0 - Jaberwocky - 05-22-2010

I'm assuming that the points are not being reset, and it's only checking if they're over a certain amount and not if the skill is already learned or anything. So, the conditions for the message will always be true (Points > X), and the message will always be displayed.

But yeah, that has nothing to do with anything in this topic o_O