Save-Point
H-Mode7 - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Material Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Scripts Database (https://www.save-point.org/forum-39.html)
+--- Thread: H-Mode7 (/thread-3151.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40

RE: H-Mode7 - xnadvance - 06-06-2011

(06-06-2011, 06:06 PM)edmhotta Wrote: I have to thanks you. lol
Some results:
[Image: unled2rt.png] Ah ,see the left roff of house.Why on the right is normal and the left not.
And tell me more about this FPLE.

Those screen caps look amazing...so 3Dish. Very cheery

RE: H-Mode7 - sinobi - 06-07-2011

[Image: image1ved.jpg]

thank you.

Is this a specification though the position of the character is a little different when rotating like the picture?

RE: H-Mode7 - MetalRenard - 06-07-2011

Sinobi, check to make sure that your charset is properly centred it may just be that and not the script. :)

RE: H-Mode7 - sinobi - 06-07-2011

MetalRenard >Because the display position is different even if which character image is used,
I think that it is a problem on the script side.

RE: H-Mode7 - MGC - 06-08-2011

There are two factors that cause the problem :
1. for a classic character sprite (32 * 48), feet are not at the bottom of the box (= the origin for the coordinates in the screen), and so they "fly" a little. To partially solve this problem, two rows are simply cut : for a 32 * 48 sprite, a 32 * 46 sprite is displayed -> see HM7 NEW CLASSES line 256 : @offset_height = 2

2. In a classic RM view, sprites are not displayed on the middle of their tile, but around the bottom of the tile. I tried to solve this with another offset -> see HM7 NEW CLASSES line 340 : y_intermediate = character.screen_y - 12

I think you can try to modify this line with : y_intermediate = character.screen_y - 16. Is it better ?

RE: H-Mode7 - sinobi - 06-08-2011

It was possible to display it well. Many thanks.
I really like this script!!

RE: H-Mode7 - sinobi - 06-15-2011

I am making an add-on script of H-mode7 script now. It is Universal Message System's comic_style.

http://save-point.org/showthread.php?tid=2394

I have only a little knowledge of RGSS.
However, because the H-mode7 script is too complex, I am embarrassed...
Please give me knowledge.

First of all, I think that I should acquire XY coordinates of the map's characters.
But, I don't understand coordinates corresponding to the rotation in H-mode7.

Perhaps, I think that it is OK if that coordinates are inserted in self.x self.y of UMS.

I have a lot of competitions with other scripts.
For instance, it is a shadow script, and a lightmap script, etc.

However, I think that I can apply by mimicking it if this is completed.

I'm sorry by poor English.

RE: H-Mode7 - MGC - 06-16-2011

In the UMS, windows positions are given by the methods screen_x and screen_y of the class Game_Character (and thus Game_Player and Game_Event).
You need to use the positions of the graphics elements instead of these ones.

In HM7, sprites are not used to display character but surfaces (HM7::Surface). That means that you have to get the surface linked to a character. The easiest way to do this is to add an attribute to the Game_Character class (attr_accessor :surface) and initialize it when a new surface is created (in the method initialize of the class HM7::Surface, add : character.surface = self).
Then if you are in HM7 mode and you have a character with character.surface != nil, it is possible to get the coordinates.

The methods screen_x and screen_y of the class HM7::Surface return the x and y coordinates in the screen, as if the map was flat (so without the y-offset due to the altitude).
The method get_zoom returns the zoom value.

If the camera is set in the default [C0] mode, the corrected y value is given by :
surface.screen_y - (surface.altitude * $game_temp.sin_alpha >> 14) * surface.get_zoom

If you're in [C1] or [C2] camera mode, it is a little more complex since you have to add to the obtained y value the y-offset of the tilemap : it is the variable @vars[4] that can be found in the class HM7::Tilemap.

RE: H-Mode7 - sinobi - 06-16-2011

Thank you for explaining in detail. The display became possible thanks to the explanation.
You have helped me greatly. I appreciate your assistance indeed.

By the way, I also want the Mode7's FLAT function though it was also in a past log.

RE: H-Mode7 - Izanagi - 06-18-2011

Is there anyway to turn of the rotate camera script in certain maps?
i ask because im using a mock First Person veiw in dungeons and an isometric veiw in world maps and dont want the world maps to be able to rotate.