Save-Point
What's up, RMers? - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: What's up, RMers? (/thread-395.html)

RE: What's up, RMers? - Ahzoh - 02-13-2016

Concept art of a steel golem:
[Image: YGms1Zhh.jpg]

RE: What's up, RMers? - Melana - 02-15-2016

I'm still redesigning all of the already existing areas in my game since the flight feature makes it now possible to land everywhere at any place. So the game world will be alot more open to explore.

RE: What's up, RMers? - kyonides - 02-22-2016

In a revision of Kolloseum States XP script I implemented scan skill as a skill that needs to be casted at least 2 times, the first one so you can get the enemy's HP and the second one to retrieve its SP. I don't know if the rest of the stats should be scanned this way, too. Obviously it wouldn't consist of one stat per scan updates but a few scan per scan. In battle you wouldn't get to see more than the enemy's HP and SP but some sort of Bestiary would get updated after each scan.

Is it a good or a bad idea?

RE: What's up, RMers? - Bounty Hunter Lani - 02-22-2016

That sounds like a really cool, but really time-consuming idea  Confused 
Is there a way to change how much info you get per scan? So maybe you get HP and SP on the first scan, and the stats in the second?  Happy

But how many stats should heroes be able to retrieve after the second or third or fourth scan?

By default, I think the second scan revealing ATK, INT, and STR would be a nice starting point. A third scan would reveal DEF and MDEF. A fourth would reveal AGI. 
However, if you could give an option within your script to change which stats you could reveal with each scan, that'd be interesting. Maybe you only need 2 scans for everything? Or just 1? Just a thought   Blushing + Cheery 

Just 1? Then Scan skill would be as useless as it has always been, a skill that is pretty much ignored by players. I pretend to change that by making them use it more often...

Multiple uses sounds like a great idea, and I'm not discouraging you from it. I'm just saying, maybe someone else would like to have to only use it 2 times for all info, but another would like 3 or 4, or even 5. Or more! A customizable script for each game makers' preferences!  Grinning 

It's up to you though, since you're the maker of the script! Blushing + Cheery

RE: What's up, RMers? - Steel Beast 6Beets - 02-22-2016

(02-22-2016, 12:32 AM)kyonides Wrote: Just 1? Then Scan skill would be as useless as it has always been, a skill that is pretty much ignored by players. I pretend to change that by making them use it more often...

Honestly, having to scan enemies multiple times to get all the info on them sounds like a hassle and something that would really drag battles on.

In a semi related note, I just converted the entire bestiary of an old Japan-only, PSX game called Wizardly Dimguil to be employed as battlers in RMXP. Some of the monsters became too big to be used properly with the game engine, I noticed.

I wonder: should I let them as they are so the RMer will be able to resize them as they please or should I do it myself so those monsters will be usable from the get go?

As bonus, there are some examples:

[Image: jhKrs1y.png][Image: 63CMMVP.png][Image: iUPFqQG.png][Image: z940w1H.png][Image: qsZcVKt.png]

(From left to right, first row: Alligator, Hunting Picture, Noisy Tempter, second row: Fake Cupid and Fairy Fly)

It would be up to the player to scan them twice or more times, nothing would force them to do it anyway. Anyone can still defeat monsters without scanning them.