Save-Point
What's up, RMers? - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: What's up, RMers? (/thread-395.html)

RE: What's up, RMers? - Steel Beast 6Beets - 05-16-2020

Figures. Guess XP's map engine is still be best it's been on this series as far as I'm concerned.

RE: What's up, RMers? - Yin - 05-17-2020

I'm so happy to come back here and still see some of the same names as when I left. I wish I could participate more, but I don't use RM that much anymore.

RE: What's up, RMers? - DerVVulfman - 05-17-2020

Well, we got our first Ren'Py software post a month ago, Yin.

We're up for other engines. Winking

RE: What's up, RMers? - DerVVulfman - 06-03-2020

I get stuck getting asked about OTHER projects. Sigh, I wonder when I'll work on my own?

On the other hand, I finally took some time off from scripting and did a major scale world map. Unbelievably big, 1600 tiles across and 1600 deep. Thankies BIG MAPS to allow me to make something that takes 10 minutes to cross at a normal speed. And that's just the first continent.

Methinks a Fast Travel system might be needed.

RE: What's up, RMers? - Steel Beast 6Beets - 06-04-2020

That map does sound massive. The biggest map on my game is the Overworld and it's just 360 X 280.

Unrelated, but does anybody know a HP/SP limit break script? The one I found by Kamesoft's KGC is incompatible with my barehands script that calculates Attack, Phys Defense, and Mag Defense based on the character's Strength, Dexterity, and Intellect.

RE: What's up, RMers? - Melana - 06-04-2020

You could try this one

Content Hidden

(06-04-2020, 02:46 AM)Melana Wrote: You could try this one

Content Hidden
Whoa, that did the trick. Thank you.

RE: What's up, RMers? - DerVVulfman - 06-04-2020

Hooo... I had to look around for the author's name. What the heck is with game_guy for not having it in the top of the script? And yeah, use this. KGC's terms prevent 'editing' and disallows 'commercial work' or even posting it elsewhere. I translated a lot of Japanese scripts into English a decade ago.

I used my BIG MAPS script, so I could splice some decent sized maps together in a 4x4 pattern. I also modified Ccoa's 'Tiny Overworld Sprites' so it not only shrunk me when I got on the world map, but changed my speed to match. It does kinad look weird to have a tiny little guy running like Peter Maximoff in 'X-MEN: Days of Future Past' Tongue sticking out

(06-04-2020, 03:43 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: Hooo... I had to look around for the author's name.  What the heck is with game_guy for not having it in the top of the script?  And yeah, use this.   KGC's terms prevent 'editing' and disallows 'commercial work' or even posting it elsewhere.  I translated a lot of Japanese scripts into English a decade ago.

I used my BIG MAPS script, so I could splice some decent sized maps together in a 4x4 pattern.  I also modified Ccoa's 'Tiny Overworld Sprites' so it not only shrunk me when I got on the world map, but changed my speed to match.  It does kinad look weird to have a tiny little guy running like Peter Maximoff in 'X-MEN:  Days of Future Past' Tongue sticking out

That's too bad. KGC's Passive Skills looked like what I needed. But I couldn't make head or tails of how to use it, not mention that it would most likely be incompatible with one of the dozen or so other scripts I'm using.

RE: What's up, RMers? - DerVVulfman - 06-04-2020

Erm... I think I got one or two??? Or Trickster???