Save-Point
What's up, RMers? - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: What's up, RMers? (/thread-395.html)

RE: What's up, RMers? - Steel Beast 6Beets - 06-30-2023

Shop bonuses are always awesome in my book.

Completely unrelated but does anyone here know how many lines a single event page can have?

RE: What's up, RMers? - kyonides - 06-30-2023

Nope, never gone too far while eventing.

I forgot to announce it last night / this morning, but you can now multiply scrolls in the SkrollShop family of scripts... if you got the right accessory,  that is!

RE: What's up, RMers? - Remi-chan - 07-02-2023

(06-30-2023, 02:20 PM)Steel Beast 6Beets Wrote: Completely unrelated but does anyone here know how many lines a single event page can have?

If there is one, you'll never reach it. I haven't, and I hand-event full blown action battle systems / bullet-hells.

There is a limit of 20 pages per event in MV and onwards, but beyond that- there's no limit. if there is, I have yet to find it.

Oh, I uh... Mighta gotten a bit of an idea.

New Feature: Vocal Battle Dialogue

I'm in the process of implementing a system using Yanfly's Gab window to show the writing for certain lines in battle. This is very handy for the taunts system. it can also be used to show important lines bosses say. Hurt sounds and junk probably won't need this kind of highlight.

Here's the new facesets I have to make to fully implement such a system without worry!
[Image: KDrfoye.png][Image: h887Tpj.png]
[Image: rYVazT5.png]
[Image: ZJj8k17.png]
[Image: zrZB6jW.png]
[Image: SxFX5al.png]
[Image: VIVan8t.png]
[Image: bO4rQe3.png]
Enjoy~

RE: What's up, RMers? - Steel Beast 6Beets - 07-02-2023

I think you could make the windows last a bit longer since it's a bit odd to see them disappear halfway through the audio.

As for my inquiry, turns out my original approach didn't pan out as I expected so I opted for a simpler way to get the job done. Still, I couldn't find the answer to my question anywhere although I did learn that apparently there's a maximum of 50 pages per event in XP.

RE: What's up, RMers? - Melana - 07-02-2023

(07-02-2023, 09:41 PM)Steel Beast 6Beets Wrote: I did learn that apparently there's a maximum of 50 pages per event in XP.

Hmm, for me its 99 in RMXP. Are there differences in the versions? o.o

[Image: LR6TCQ8.png]

RE: What's up, RMers? - DerVVulfman - 07-02-2023

I have Version 1.05, and my editor goes up to 99 pages as well.

(07-02-2023, 10:53 PM)Melana Wrote:
(07-02-2023, 09:41 PM)Steel Beast 6Beets Wrote: I did learn that apparently there's a maximum of 50 pages per event in XP.

Hmm, for me its 99 in RMXP. Are there differences in the versions? o.o

[Image: LR6TCQ8.png]

RE: What's up, RMers? - Steel Beast 6Beets - 07-02-2023

My bad. I got my wires crossed with another stuff I was searching in the meantime. The limit is indeed 99 pages per event.

RE: What's up, RMers? - kyonides - 07-03-2023

When I was reading about other indie game developers--well, I'm a scripter not a full fledged game dev but I guess sooner or later I'll catch them up--I found a very specific game made for VX ACE IIRC. Since I do support any game made with RGSS based Makers, I was glad to see one of them there. Till that ill fated moment came along.

The game developer admitted on the official thread that it would incorporate AI to facilitate the development of the coding and art departments. Being a scripter myself, that made me ditch that very same game for good. Sad

RE: What's up, RMers? - DerVVulfman - 07-03-2023

(06-29-2023, 03:18 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: Currently, this feature now cycles through >ALL< of the layers, not just those affected.  Aka... bummer.  If you had changed color balances to Hair, eyes and skin, making a change to the color of a sash would ... sadly... cycle through and reload the hair, eyes, and skin which would take time that should NOT be spent.

I do have something in mind (as I usually do) in order to lessen this amount of graphic processing.  As I said, it is currently cycling through all of the layers.  This I plan to change so it checks to see if the change is to merely a single layer or a layer set, and then just process the layer or layerset.  While color balanced graphics will still take time depending upon the end-user's PC, at least the processing time should be lessened.

But currently, changing the color balance and/or hue of one item in a layer set, the change affects all within that layer set.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=1893]

Well, the tool now only applies the color balance changes to those bitmaps that need the update.  And I added a nice little red progress bar that draws across the bottom of the window as the layer (or layers) are processed.  So if you are adjusting the color balance to a 'skin', do not be surprised if the little red progress bar draws itself two, three, or even four times depending upon how many skin options you have chosen for the graphic.

But a nice touch so you can actively see that the tool is processing the bitmap(s).

Meanwhile, the Preset buttons are functional.  While I do not have any character with multiple skin layers like a cat-girl for anime fans, hitting the 'Brown' button would give said feline femme a dark tannish fur over their body while their face remain the skin color you may have chosen.

In the above image, I selected a gray-scale female body with a gray-scale klingon forehead blank-face, and a separate set of eyes.  With the eyes, I clicked a 'Green' Preset button to give the character a lovely shade of jade.  And then returned to the body. And for the body, I selected 'African' which gave both the gray-scale body and gray-scale klingon face a rich brown appearance.

The Preset buttons can adjust all of the graphics, gray-scale or otherwise. But they are meant for use with grayscale resources.

I still have some button issues where certain windows are accidentally disabled. However, I hope to track that down sometime soon.  And I still wish to rework hues so they can adjust triple-resource layers like fur-using skins.

RE: What's up, RMers? - kyonides - 07-05-2023

I've been working on KFactions XP as of late. Now it does feature a quote recording mechanism. With a single script call, you tell the script how many message boxes do you need to record and it will keep them safe in the Faction's Quotes section.

Happy with a sweat The caveat here is that the menu has no such section as of now. Shocked But it will have it!