Save-Point
What's up, RMers? - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Development Discussion (https://www.save-point.org/forum-17.html)
+--- Thread: What's up, RMers? (/thread-395.html)

RE: What's up, RMers? - Ahzoh - 10-04-2013

So your thinking an Infinity+1 sword?
"40 hours it took to get a weapon that could kill the boss in 10 seconds or 40 hours trying to kill the boss without the weapon."

RE: What's up, RMers? - KasperKalamity - 10-05-2013

something that'd be similar to the rainbow shell gear in crono trigger/cross. you can't get it all in one playthrough, so you have to pick and choose what you want right away.

RE: What's up, RMers? - MechanicalPen - 10-05-2013

I was reading through the RPG Maker XP help file and came across something interesting in the Tilemap class:

flash_data
Refers to the flash data (Table) used when showing range of possible movement in simulation games, etc. Defines a 2-dimensional array measuring [ horizontal size * vertical size ]. This array must be the same size as the map data. Each element uses 4 bits to represent a tile's flash color in RGB; for example, 0xf84 flashes in RGB(15,8,4).

It is interesting because it is not used anywhere in the default RPG Maker XP scripts.

RE: What's up, RMers? - DerVVulfman - 10-09-2013

Since the Tilemap class is a hidden class, there's the possibility that the flash_data value may be used by another hidden class. For example, the Viewport hidden class may call flash data for some viewport screen effect.

Meanwhile, I (sigh) removed ccoa's UMS from my project and replaced it... with my own. Hey, so I wrote it for ReGaL. I did write it. Winking Kainers thought it was really cool and the only thing I think it doesn't have that ccoas's has is her animated faces. Still, I got facesets in it as well as being able to use a paperdoll system for the faces... like Visual Equipment for the player's pics.

Also worked out the keyboard and input system so I could use keys and a gamepad to control various actions such as running, jumping, slowly sneaking, climbing walls.... FUN stuff!!!

RE: What's up, RMers? - Steel Beast 6Beets - 10-14-2013

Man, why is it so difficult to find a good Multi-Hit/damage script available for XP? I've tried all the ones I've found: Mea's, SephirothSpawn's, even a stand alone version of Blizzard's script included in tons of addons. None of them have worked.

Perhaps I should bit the bullet and ask for a new script, even if I'm well aware that "reinventing the wheel" is frowned upon the RM community.

RE: What's up, RMers? - DerVVulfman - 10-14-2013

It may be a conflict with another script within your project. Some don't play well with others. You may wish to revisit your request thread to deliver more information and/or supply a working (but stripped down * ) demo of your project.

* Stripped down so you don't release any spoilers of your game. Winking

RE: What's up, RMers? - Steel Beast 6Beets - 10-14-2013

That may be. Incompatibily is the reason why I cannot use scripts like Ton of Addons and SDK without running into a lot of errors.

*sighs* You know, sometimes I can't help but pin for the simple days of RPG 2000 where we didn't have to deal with scripts, NoMethodErrors and incompatibility issues.

RE: What's up, RMers? - KasperKalamity - 10-15-2013

i feel like a scientist and an artist right now, a scientartist (go ahead, say it aloud), i discovered the most efficient method of drawing houses and walls after months of experimenting with different ways.

RE: What's up, RMers? - MetalRenard - 10-15-2013

I feel like a scientardist. After years of research I haven't learnt a thing. X_X
*leaves quietly*

On the game front I've been a little active lately actually. I'm participating in a pretty big project to make covers of famous game soundtracks. More info later, but don't expect a release before Spring 2014.

RE: What's up, RMers? - DerVVulfman - 10-19-2013

Just when I thought I was done scripting....

With all the scripts in my project that rely on terrain tags for in-game features (vehicle passable terrains, Mode7 vertical tiles, poisoned land states, etc), I was running out of tags. Sheesh... only allowing a range of 0-7 ? I needed more. So I spent a couple hours making a script which I just posted today.