Save-Point
IRC Chatbot Thread - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Official Area (https://www.save-point.org/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://www.save-point.org/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: IRC Chatbot Thread (/thread-4020.html)

IRC Chatbot Thread - LilyKnight - 03-22-2012

TashikaDeed - The IRC Bot.

TashikaDeed is a bot in the Save-Point IRC chatroom. She exists for entertianment only.
Below is a list of what she can currently do. I'd appreciate suggestions towards making her better. People are encouraged to post ideas they have for her that I can later implement when I'm well.

Commands

!Attack [username] has her attempt to attack a the named person in a random way with a random weapon. Occasoinaly she does something afterwards.
!present [username] gives the target a present. !wpresent gives the present with an emotion attached to it like "With love" or "with blood sweat and tears"
!Know generates a random fact, from her data base.
!8ball , has me respond with a predition or bit of advice.
!ListLink used to add a url you think is cool. !Linkme links you to a random url store in her database.
!insult [username] has her insult the user. !writeinsult1 allows you to add a word to the first file. !writeinsult2 allows you to write to the second file.
!title has her come up with a book or game title, results will vary. !writebook1 adds a new word. !writebook2 adds a new joiner word/phrase
!quote has her say a random quote using her perfect memory. !quoteme teaches her a new quote.
!roll <#> d <#> makes a random result from between those numbers
!pick or has her pick between the two. make sure to include the or. !pick3 does the same with 3 choices
!help gives you a list of irc commands
!stats tells how often you've used my features.
!nice [username] has something nice happen to that user. if you do not put in a name it will pick a random user in the chat.

Enjoy!

RE: IRC Chatbot Thread - MetalRenard - 03-22-2012

Awesomness!

RE: IRC Chatbot Thread - PK8 - 03-22-2012

Alright, I got an idea. I used this in an old IRC bot of mine which was inspired by ripped off from another bot I saw in Creation Asylum's IRC a few years ago.

You should add a slogan feature where people can add "slogans" onto the bot and then have it say a random slogans with a replacement word in place.

Possible syntax.
Code:
!sloganadd <slogan> (slogword is the replacement word, SLOGWORD is the allcaps form of the replacement word)
!slogan <word(s)>

Examples
Code:
!sloganadd One does not simply walk into slogword...
!slogan your mom
<TashikaDeed> One does not simply walk into your mom...

Edit: The slogan functions could have other words such as:
nickword: It uses the nick of the user that used the !slogan command
meword: It uses the current nick of the bot.
randnickword: It picks out a random nick from the room.

RE: IRC Chatbot Thread - LilyKnight - 04-17-2012

Bump so people stop asking me what all the commands are

RE: IRC Chatbot Thread - DerVVulfman - 04-21-2012

Stickied. Winking

Now they shouldn't have to search to find what commands to use for our IRC's bot.