Save-Point
Can you read this? - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Official Area (https://www.save-point.org/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: General Chat (https://www.save-point.org/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Can you read this? (/thread-4790.html)

Pages: 1 2

Can you read this? - Ahzoh - 08-19-2013

I heard one can embed truetype fonts, so I wanted to experiment if it works on forums. Default Fonts are boring.

so tell me, re you able to see the strange font I made?

kodƴr?

Arkhean Alkavaht?

Capital Letters:

A Æ B S D E Z G H I DZ K L M N O P Q J R F X Ŭ U V W Ƴ T C Y

Lower-Case Letters:
a æ b s d e z g h i dz k l m n o p q j r f x ŭ u v w ƴ t c y

Elvish:
Elvish?

RE: Can you read this? - DerVVulfman - 08-19-2013

Sorry dude. Custom fonts in forums (unless they're really pictures like the logo), must be available on the end user's side. As I don't have your Alkavahit font, I won't see it. Likewise, you don't have my Klingon font. And using [ font = Dwarven ] won't work unless the reader has Dwarven in his fonts folder.

RE: Can you read this? - Ahzoh - 08-19-2013

does it work for signatures? or do you just see letters? english letters.
and this is why I really want my alphabet to be unicoded

I just see the basic letters used when you don't use your custom font. Even in signatures it wouldn't work because I don't have your font in my system. I mean... I see the 'Æ' A E combo... but nothing special otherwise.

I mudt get unicode then...
then... people will see my alkavaht

well, it looks awesome

I wonder if i can still embed this font into my RPG pirojăt so I don't have to get people to install, or maybe that only applies to microsoft products...

Dude, if the end viewer doesn't have your custom font on their PC, they won't see your custom font.

not necessarily, you can "embed" TrueType fonts into documents like Word or PDF or even a website really, which means the end user does not have to install the font, because the data is stored in the document itself.
I kinda assumed one could embed fonts on forums or into RPG maker projects, in turn assumed forum and project stored font information the same way...

but I geuss I'll have to find another way...

RE: Can you read this? - KasperKalamity - 08-19-2013

you just have to install the language font packs when you update windows, that's all.

There are 'install font' scripts for RPGMaker XP and etc. OR... you use a bitmap font called an SFont (uses a png file to store letters). Sure, .pdfs have fonts, but they're only for that document. Forums don't really do that.

I must find these install fonts scripts then.

I will spread my language like people spread bibles...