Save-Point
[Reviews] Tileset stylish modern suburbs. (ENHANCED) ** - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Material Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-8.html)
+--- Forum: Resources Database (https://www.save-point.org/forum-43.html)
+--- Thread: [Reviews] Tileset stylish modern suburbs. (ENHANCED) ** (/thread-6158.html)

Pages: 1 2

[Reviews] Tileset stylish modern suburbs. (ENHANCED) ** - rzrcoon - 09-11-2016

Hello Folks!  Very happy + Tongue sticking out I want to share something I made for me and I shared in Spanish-speaking forums.

I found the happiness that often prefer to develop games with an air of today in day. I've taken some time to be developing tileset suburban American style.

[Image: graying-suburbs_zpsetvbr6ji.jpg]

I think it would be interesting to see something like that created in a rpg done for us, but unfortunately that dream has not had seen, I managed to see things similar but never like that... Until now that I created this. Anyway I share a small preview of what I done, they give me his opinions and as I might going improving it, that's all:

Images

NOTE:
Parallax formed with some addons I found in internet, but most are things I did in RIP, but it is something still under development.
PD: I am sorry for my bad english  Sweat

RE: [Reviews] Tileset stylish modern suburbs. (ENHANCED) ** - DerVVulfman - 09-12-2016

Picket fences? Rod iron fences? Vinyl siding? Okay, I'm not a fan of sea green... but dayum. And shade differences for mowed lawns. And yep, gotta recommend the work you did on the old-style white wickerwork base for the houses too.

The street lights aren't all that modern, looking more the oil-lap style. Hit up my 1st-Story Lycan ABS demo for some more modern tiles as the beginning has a couple of characters leaving a movie theater in the city.... before things start to happen.

Oh, and have you thought about all-brick houses or half-brick? My house has red brick from the base on up to the first floor window. After that, it's siding.

Shocked Is that a lawn chair??? It's missing a small table with an umbrella and a tall iced tea Winking

Oh, some mailboxes are attached to houses. Those you have are prone to BASEBALL BATS!!! Might be entertaining to see a bashed up/beaten mailbox. Winking

You are planning on making these Tilesets public as we're in the Resource board, right? Otherwise this topic belongs in Maps and Screenshots.

RE: [Reviews] Tileset stylish modern suburbs. (ENHANCED) ** - rzrcoon - 09-12-2016

(09-12-2016, 12:08 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: Picket fences?  Rod iron fences?  Vinyl siding?  Okay, I'm not a fan of sea green... but dayum.  And shade differences for mowed lawns.  And yep, gotta recommend the work you did on the old-style white wickerwork base for the houses too.

The street lights aren't all that modern, looking more the oil-lap style.  Hit up my 1st-Story Lycan ABS demo for some more modern tiles as the beginning has a couple of characters leaving a movie theater in the city.... before things start to happen.

Oh, and have you thought about all-brick houses or half-brick?  My house has red brick from the base on up to the first floor window.  After that, it's siding.

Shocked  Is that a lawn chair???  It's missing a small table with an umbrella and a tall iced tea Winking

Oh, some mailboxes are attached to houses.  Those you have are prone to BASEBALL BATS!!!  Might be entertaining to see a bashed up/beaten mailbox. Winking

You are planning on making these Tilesets public as we're in the Resource board, right?  Otherwise this topic belongs in Maps and Screenshots.

Well, this tile-set I do it with addons of others tilesets and few new things you can see in the screenshots are pixel art work I did (like plants that have no shadows and other stuff over there), and yup, I thought I might in publish it at end, is why I ask opinions to improve this tile-set. 

It is not entirely mine but is a project with good intentions, I know I have errors regarding everything you told me... I will consider all these things. Thankyou  Very cheery

Quote:Some others Awnsers

U: Picket fences? Rod iron fences? Vinyl siding?
Me: Idk, so old-school type? lol

U: The street lights aren't all that modern, looking more the oil-lap style.
Me: Effectively have that shape, and there are such connections modern light bulbs.

U: Oh, and have you thought about all-brick houses or half-brick? 
Me: Of course, they will be implemented in the tileset, the half-brick houses, :3

U: Is that a lawn chair???  It's missing a small table with an umbrella and a tall iced tea.
Me: I know that you say it jokingly, but maybe if lacking more garden furniture.

U: Oh, some mailboxes are attached to houses.  Those you have are prone to BASEBALL BATS!!!
Me: Ik, Ik.  Laughing

U: You are planning on making these Tilesets public as we're in the Resource board, right?  Otherwise this topic belongs in Maps and Screenshots.
Me: Before posting, I checked the sections of the forum and did not I found one that says "Maps and screenshots."   Confused

I guess with your observations, dies this topic, if case someone else has other opinions.

RE: [Reviews] Tileset stylish modern suburbs. (ENHANCED) ** - DerVVulfman - 09-13-2016

DIES? DIES? Don't die. It can continue, right? Continued postings. If it's just for showing off your work as you go, I can move it into Development Discussion. And the Maps and Screenshots thread within that board is (>HERE<)

But if you do play to release it, this thread can remain put here... and I would appreciate hearing of other suggestions from others (be it from here or anything you post). You only obtained one day's observations after all.

RE: [Reviews] Tileset stylish modern suburbs. (ENHANCED) ** - Bounty Hunter Lani - 09-13-2016

I think a version of them with some SNOW would be an interesting addition!  Grinning

But yeah, these look GREAT!  Shocked 
And I hope the thread doesn't die too soon, this is great stuff  Winking

RE: [Reviews] Tileset stylish modern suburbs. (ENHANCED) ** - rzrcoon - 09-17-2016

Howdy again! today I come with another small preview of the tileset , since you motivated me a little more to carry on the topic and to improve it with their opinions. Very cheery

Stone Coating

[Image: gjg_zpss9720ngy.jpg]

RE: [Reviews] Tileset stylish modern suburbs. (ENHANCED) ** - DerVVulfman - 09-17-2016

Oh! Hohoho! Cobblestone facing! Nice! You need a bit of shading next to your chimney though.

Can't wait to see what's next.

RE: [Reviews] Tileset stylish modern suburbs. (ENHANCED) ** - Siletrea - 09-17-2016

Grinning this looks amazing!
I'm starting to wonder what other tilesets you've done now!

have you ever done a decrepid laboratory? (prolly not)

are your tilesets going to be commercial use? if so how many points do you want!

RE: [Reviews] Tileset stylish modern suburbs. (ENHANCED) ** - rzrcoon - 09-27-2016

Hello friends! I could not have advanced the tileset, almost at all for a few technical problems that have suffered I and my computer ... I am very sad :(

RE: [Reviews] Tileset stylish modern suburbs. (ENHANCED) ** - DerVVulfman - 09-28-2016

Hey. Things happen all the time. I just had to undergo a 100% factory reset, so I too got stalled. We have no problem. Take whatever time you need and know you have friends that will encourage you.