Save-Point
The Tricksy Candidate - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Games Development (https://www.save-point.org/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Upcoming Projects (https://www.save-point.org/forum-15.html)
+--- Thread: The Tricksy Candidate (/thread-8559.html)

The Tricksy Candidate - kyonides - 07-31-2022

[Image: thetricksycandidate.png]

by Kyonides

Quote:
Disclaimer

I do not own characters like Bounty Hunter Lani nor Melana nor DerVVulfman. Those forumers have granted me permission to use them in my game project as long as people clearly understand they are not accurate portrayals of their real life counterparts. They are nothing but fictitious characters with fake identities and personalities. Any similarities to actual forumers' traits are a mere coincidence and may be subject to extreme changes that might alter your minds. Just a little bit. Winking Therefore you have been warned! Shocked

Anyway, Trickster might be an interesting case that deserves some further study here. Mad Scientist 

Introduction
alias Chapter Zero

Long time ago there was a huge crisis in a remote place only known as Kustom Town. There was a dispute that was left unresolved for years to come. Curiously, their inhabitants didn't seem to have aged even a little bit. The elderly remain as fragile as they were originally, and the younglings remained as stupid or misguided as ever. At least that was the impression some of their residents gave the recently conquered land of Arkadia.

Sarcasm Nope, I am not looking at you, Alex.

Under a new administration, the new region had to select the best guy for the vacant office of the governor of Arkadia. Kustom Town has become insignificant in the world of politics once again. Or so it seemed at first glance. Confused

There were a few candidates coming from that remote village, namely Bounty Hunter Lani and Alex. Some people might ask me to add Wizard Trickster to this list, but being honest with you, his true origins are Happy with a sweat unknown to pretty much the whole Mad Scientist scientific, Gamer gamer and Reporter politics communities.

What are they up to now? Sarcasm
Why is Wulfo not a candidate as well? Indifferent
Why is nobody stopping Alex from running for that office? Confused

Along the way, you will also find another mysterious character. It is no other but Melana Dreameow and her black cat Meowmoon. The girl is quite friendly from people's general perspective, still, she has no real allies. Shocked

Is she trustworthy? Confused
Is she a forest Witch witch?
What are her actual plans for Arkadia? Incredible 

At the same time, the Imperial Prince Horizon (just a placeholder here) ordered the creation of some sort of province order of knights, fighters and spearmen, basically a medieval version of a police force. And they badly needed to enroll some good Detective investigators as well.

RE: The Tricksy Candidate - kyonides - 08-06-2022

[Image: thetricksycandidate001.jpg]

Minimal Update

In the last couple of days I have been so busy that I could only work on very few features, namely the first map and the game's logo.

Initially the game started in your typical Grassland tileset based map but now it sports the Ship01 tileset instead. Of course, it is an extended version for my very own purposes. Winking

Rumor By the way, don't even think that the logo looks similar to a popular TV TV show. It is a mere coincidence! Shocked

RE: The Tricksy Candidate - kyonides - 08-23-2022

I have come back with some interesting news to share here. Winking
So please take a look at my brand new game menu! Grinning

[Image: thetricksycandidate002.jpg]

Thinking What do you think about it, guys?

List of Available Scripts
  • KShlenam XP
  • KDiurnalis XP
  • KInquire XP
  • KChapters XP
  • GiveAway XP
  • Tricksy Candidate Title Scene

It is a quite Cyclops eye catching script list, don't you think guys? Happy with a sweat

RE: The Tricksy Candidate - DerVVulfman - 08-28-2022

Comical and fitting Title Screen. Any animations or things playing in the background?

RE: The Tricksy Candidate - kyonides - 08-28-2022

To be honest with you, Dog Wulfo, Oops! I haven't included any (background) animation at all.
I've been thinking the new game icon gotta be replaced by some fake mini survey showing the numbers of voters in favor of Trickster and Alex. Thinking Or I might also include a third candidate...

The very least I can do now would be to make it sport a poster or the like asking you to vote for your ultimate and undisputed leader Trickster. Laughing
Rumor Don't even imagine he's already trying to manipulate you guys!
Happy with a sweat He wouldn't ever dare to do such an awful thing, right?

RE: The Tricksy Candidate - kyonides - 09-26-2022

New Update

In the last couple of days I have been working on Sculptor improving the basic system functions. Furthermore, I have added some scenes where you can learn a little bit about the selected Orson hero's way of thinking. Thinking

By the way, it also sports a curious way to implement a skip button feature. Grinning

Screenshots

Just keep in mind that I have never been a pro mapper at all. Happy with a sweat