Save-Point
Minor Changes and Those to Come - Printable Version

+- Save-Point (https://www.save-point.org)
+-- Forum: Official Area (https://www.save-point.org/forum-3.html)
+--- Forum: Announcements and Updates (https://www.save-point.org/forum-9.html)
+--- Thread: Minor Changes and Those to Come (/thread-9441.html)

Minor Changes and Those to Come - DerVVulfman - 09-17-2024

I'm not going to go into any super flourish in speaking this time.  And heck, the changes I am going to iitially reveal do not even require plug-ins or changes to the forum structure to be engaged.

Of upgrades, we now have a Shadow text bbcode as you can see.   The color of the shadow is a medium-light gray by default, but can be altered to suit your tastes.  I decided to use red here for effect.

Also, we have a Glow text bbcode as another upgrade.  As drab as it sounds, the glow effect is normally a gradiated gray around the text, but green looks so much better.

Of course, you can have fun with these  Effects by mix-n-matching bbcodes.  And don't forget that we do have a list of the bbcodes in the top menu bar.

[Image: minion.gif] [Image: minion.gif] [Image: minion.gif]

As towards later...

DOES ANYONE EVEN USE THE STAR RATING??? [Image: 2stars.gif]

A product of the past when people actually did rate topics within forums, the rating system that accompanies forum software is a bit dated.  And thankfully, the software we are using makes it easy to just turn off.   

Well, easy to turn off per forum board anyway.  I'll have to edit every forum we have just to flip a switch. Laughing + Tongue sticking out  But it is do-able and makes sense since no one really puts them to use anymore.  Not much of an upgrade, but more an update.

Will we be returning some features by way of plug-ins?  Of course.  I am currently exploring a catalogue of plug-ins to replace those that were lost, aged and became incompatible, or sadly damaged.

To be honest, some of the features we had employed in the past were generally worthless.  Unfortunately, some of the features we had lost due to age do not have updated or variants by other designers as replacements. It will be a time consuming and long process, but the Save-Point name has been in existence for nearly fifteen years.

The RPG Maker Central archive is still building, now having over 330 scripts uploaded and saved. However, that may only account for 17% of the total number being saved. And then it doesn't even address the resources saved that needs to be restored.

And the separation of RPGMaker XP, VX, VXAce and MV scripts within the forum's own Scripts Database is still continuing with less than 100 scripts remaining to be divided by the original posters. The number was clearly much larger. But the scripts and plugins have their original poster present and will be done in due time.

RE: Minor Changes and Those to Come - Remi-chan - 09-17-2024

I honestly realized the star rating system existed long after my initial exodus here, abused it ONCE and then forgot about it until you brought it up just now.

I don't think it any longer needs to exist.

RE: Minor Changes and Those to Come - Zy'bh'h O'fipv'i - 09-17-2024

On that note. I believe this account can be retired. It has served its purpose.

It was hardly a very well hidden maneuver, and was used merely to abuse a rating system that has no precedence existing.

Just another dot point in a long line of poorly-orchestrated jokes cementing some idiotic ruse to make a play at pronounced ingenuity where no crowd was there to behold.

A silent omen beholden to pitch-black avarice for self-indulgence. Foolish and ignoble.

Long live the King in Yellow.