Forum Updates Happening
Dear friends, 

If anyone was in the forum from 11:00am to 11:15am EST, we did experience some downtime. This was not an issue with late payments, forum hacks or the like.  It sadly was an issue with a software plug-in. 

The plug-in, a Forum Stats display to replace the one we can no longer use, was designed around the forum software's architecture. However, it appears the plugin had a bad database structure because it used up all the board's memory and processes, resulting in crashing the server.  

A reboot and removal of the plug-in resolved the situation. So the forum is back to nor---*  Thinking 

...back to its usual performance.  Dizzy  Joe Cool   

However, it appears there will be no return of the Forum Stats window in the near future.

MEANWHILE...  The recreation of RPG Maker Central's software section continues. When last I posted three weeks ago, I boasted we had over 300 scripts from the now perished site.  That number has tripled!

The forum now has over 900 main posts re-created within the RPG Maker Central Archives. They are being recreated oldest (or last visited) to newest, so no RPGMaker MV or MZ plug-ins have yet been posted. Oddly, there are a pair of RPGMaker VX scripts within the collective; an odd thing indeed when it previously went by RPGMakerVXAce.Net.

While working, the Internet Archive itself was down for roughly three hours, beginning at 3pm (EST). So 'tis a good thing that we will be carrying what content was able to be saved.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)

[Image: QrnbKlx.jpg]
[Image: sGz1ErF.png]    [Image: liM4ikn.png]    [Image: fdzKgZA.png]    [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png]    [Image: uSqjY09.png]    [Image: GAA3qE9.png]    [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png]    [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
  Above are clickable links
Reply }
(10-09-2024, 12:06 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: The forum now has over 900 main posts re-created within the RPG Maker Central Archives. They are being recreated oldest (or last visited) to newest, so no RPGMaker MV or MZ plug-ins have yet been posted. Oddly, there are a pair of RPGMaker VX scripts within the collective; an odd thing indeed when it previously went by RPGMakerVXAce.Net.

A slight but entertaining update...

The RPGMaker Central now boasts over 950 recreated script posts, again all almost exclusively RPGMaker VXAce and not a MV or MZ script yet in sight.  But fear not, for I did download every page and can safely say that there are plug-in thread awaiting to be restored.

Indeed, I did download every page that had an actual viable script or plug-in post that was active, or at least to the best of my knowledge. Sadly, there are a number of threads I could not save because the author's content was hosted on sites that no longer exist and could not be backed up with the Internet Archive. However, if there was content that was backed up by the Internet Archive, I downloaded it to my system in the event of emergencies.

You may ask, "How much content did you acquire?".  RPGMaker Central, formerly RPGMakerVXAce.Net, had 100 inline pages of threads within their Scripts and Plugins board. And of these, there were 25 script/plug-in threads per page.  Due to the issue with dead links, many may have only 17 or 20 active/viable threads per page. But that's saying a lot.  Especially with what I now state.

I have uploaded the oldest 60 inline pages worth of scripts from RPGMaker Central.  Given the knowledge that some of the inline pages contain but few threads, I can safely state that I am well beyond 60% done. In fact, I surmise I only have one third of the RPGMaker Central scripts to upload.

Having posted all of the oldest 'replied' threads first, I am now well into threads created or commented upon within late 2015.  And given the release of RPGMaker MV was in 2015, I should be uploading RPGMaker MV (and maybe MZ) scripts very... VERY... soon.

And to those wondering about why the endeavor to have this archive, let alone an archive board, please check the status of the Internet Archive.  It has come to my attention that it has been under a heavy DDOS barrage since the end of September this year, and access is spasmotically sporatic at best.
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead. - Cord "Circle of Iron", 1978 (written by Bruce Lee and James Coburn... really...)

[Image: sGz1ErF.png]    [Image: liM4ikn.png]    [Image: fdzKgZA.png]    [Image: sj0H81z.png]
[Image: QL7oRau.png]    [Image: uSqjY09.png]    [Image: GAA3qE9.png]    [Image: 2Hmnx1G.png]    [Image: BwtNdKw.png%5B]
Reply }
(10-10-2024, 08:39 PM)DerVVulfman Wrote: The RPGMaker Central now boasts over 950 recreated script posts, again all almost exclusively RPGMaker VXAce and not a MV or MZ script yet in sight.  But fear not, for I did download every page and can safely say that there are plug-in thread awaiting to be restored.

There is now plenty more scripts within the RPGMaker Central. In fact, there are now well over 1200 threads within the new Archive containing over 1000 RPGMaker VXAce scripts and over 160 RPGMaker MV plugins.

A large number of these posts were made by Galv, Tsukihime and Mr Trivel whom went by the name Glasses in RMC.  Along with that, many VXAce scripts were also made by Dekita, Casper Gaming, Shiggy, Raizen and Kayzee, and by veterans Fomar0153 and our forum's own TheoAllen.

That is only a portion of coders whom crafted these works. And of veterans, we've been visited repeatedly by some veteran members whom were not only members of RMC, but of both Save-Point and RMWeb itself, thanking us for this endeavor.  Yeah, I'm calling out even you, HUGGLE KING!!!     [Image: smile.gif]

Of this phase, I estimate only 15% remain to be posted. That's not to say it the archive is done, but only that the first phase of the script/plugin archival process is nearing completion.

Meanwhile, our original Scripts Archive filled with content from our members has just over 50 scripts that need to be separated for their RPGMaker XP, VXAce and MV categories.  Just over 50, but not much more.  And the separation by those original authors is still progressing.

Reply }

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Server Updates Kirito 1 226 09-16-2024, 04:25 AM
Last Post: Kirito
   Server Updates Kirito 1 213 09-07-2024, 09:16 PM
   Forum Software Updated Kirito 10 812 08-24-2024, 03:03 AM
   System Updates - Saturday, August 17th Kirito 0 244 08-14-2024, 09:30 PM