Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 What are electronic cigarettes?
A lot of places don't carry them. Or rather; won't. You know how many places sell cigarettes but offer no quitting aids? No patches, or gum or these electric cigarettes. The market distributors prefers clientele who buy cigarettes over those who buy for a shorter term. Which is funny since cigarettes have a good guarantee of shortening your shopping time spent on the big blue covered rock, no?

Where I live there's been a HUGE attempt to try to get the public to quit smoking. The taxes are ridiculous, more than gas prices. I talked to someone who still manages to buy a pack at a deli and only break a 10, I was jealous I admit. Costs here can run you 11 or 12 bucks. Which is probably why there's such a boom in the "black market", though it's really gray stores. Reservations and stuff.

But they've bought TV ad time, and opened huge opportunities to get months, even a years supply of nicotine patches and/or gum. And there's been a lot of buzz over somehow forcing carriers and sellers of cigarette, and other tobacco products, to carry quitting aids. It stopped dead in it's tracks. Tobacco biz wouldn't have it. Got deep pockets, but also long fingers. Generous to friends. That and many of the chain stores don't want, though they never said outright, or even loud, you to buy these products.

It would be like selling a gadget that makes you never drink milk again. Who would go to the market to buy milk, when you ain't gonna drink it? Stupid product to back if you're wallets on the decline, and you own such a stock in the sales of milk.
Snazzy Sig in a Spoiler
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
What are electronic cigarettes? - by cosmickitty - 04-27-2011, 03:12 AM
RE: What are electronic cigarettes? - by Kirito - 04-27-2011, 05:30 PM
RE: What are electronic cigarettes? - by Jacket - 04-27-2011, 10:59 PM
RE: What are electronic cigarettes? - by Holder - 04-28-2011, 08:37 PM
RE: What are electronic cigarettes? - by Jacket - 04-29-2011, 09:55 AM
RE: What are electronic cigarettes? - by Jacket - 04-29-2011, 10:50 AM