First timer!
Wink 
Hi all! I'm L0veRaven, but everyone just calls me Raven. I'm a livestreamer, but I also have plans to make my own RPG game. I plan on it being a farming & social simulator game (inspired by Stardew Valley, Animal Crossing, and Harvest Moon). I know that using RPG Maker XP is gonna be difficult for game making, but I've seen a couple farming sim games made in XP so I know it's possible. To what extend, I'll find out along the way.

I originally wanted to make my own game in XP back when I was anywhere from 11 to 13, but I never managed to understand how the program worked. I don't think I looked up any YouTube tutorials for it, so that's probably where I failed. I tried to get creative with things though! I wasn't going to be a farming sim though. I think it was going to be more of a "movie" in a game engine, which is kinda silly looking back on it.

Anyways, I can't wait to see what I can learn on the forums and hopefully it'll help me get the hang of the program faster!

I do have a question though:

Would learning RGSS be useful in making a game in XP?

From the perspective of someone that's in progress of making my own Stardew Valley NPC, I tried using an NPC creation program (MissCoriel's NPC Maker), but I wasn't able to utilize it well, but figured out how to understand the coding when I starting physically writing notes on the different variables and whatnot. NPC coding (at a bare minimum) uses JSON and Stardew itself uses C#, so do you think that background experience might help me in XP?

I hope my intro post isn't too confusing, but feel free to reply and I'll respond!  Grinning
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
First timer! - by L0veRaven - 09-25-2024, 12:29 PM
RE: First timer! - by DerVVulfman - 09-25-2024, 03:51 PM
RE: First timer! - by kyonides - 09-25-2024, 10:15 PM
RE: First timer! - by Remi-chan - 09-26-2024, 02:53 AM