Howdy Pow. Chicken Soup
(10-09-2024, 03:42 AM)DerVVulfman Wrote: *HOWUU!*  Translation from Lycan:  Mmm--- Soup!

Well, you might wanna stick around.  Victor Sant (Atoa) didn't follow up on ACBS and I had to come up with a few separate patches here n there.  He and I were in an unadvertised competition in sideview systems back in the day ... like almost 20 years ago.

Besides cooking soup, you have any particular talents or have a primary project in the works?

I see!! Thank you very much for the reply. I did see a few of your chats back and forth while browsing through posts and replies trying to find what I was searching for haha. But I only gained a cursory understanding, (Twenty years!! A very long time to a fetus such as I! Lol) I stumbled upon the Tanketai before ACBS, but realized soon after testing it out a bit that it didn't really seem suited to my needs, then while searching for a solution to a simple (and admittedly stupid but persistent problem I was having) I found myself lead to the Atoa posts about both systems, and some of your posts too. And thought I could try out ACBS instead. Since it's such an old and unsupported system, in your opinion is it worth continuing to pursue use in the project I'm working on? (It seems to have a lot of what I was having ideas for already built into it, and I only have very novice scripting experience (so making my own system from the ground up isn't really in my purview.))

And as for your question about talents, I do like to consider myself an "artist" (attactched MS Paint illustration not withstanding) haha. I've drawing since I was young and have gotten decently nifty at pixel art, (I used to do a lotta commission work for some fellow community members of this online game named "Graal"). In recent years since I've gained some skill, I became interested in RPG maker, Pokemon rom hacking, and doing texture mods for games like Terraria. But I've never been the type to post a lot of it publically, and for the most part keep it amongst friends. After a few false starts with RPG XP projects the last few years, I was finally able to finish a demo using the Pokemon Essentials kit earlier this year (found out rom hacking wasn't for me). And after that I started on a sort-of little gift game for my friend using some of his characters, and my own project I've been pontificating on for a few years. (The latter I was trying to use ACBS with.) But anywho! I feel like I've begun to ramble, it's been a long one today haha. Thank you for the warm welcome into the clan! I'll most definitely continue to browse these hallowed forum halls. o7

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Howdy Pow. Chicken Soup - by Solitaire - 10-09-2024, 02:55 AM
RE: Howdy Pow. Chicken Soup - by DerVVulfman - 10-09-2024, 03:42 AM
RE: Howdy Pow. Chicken Soup - by Solitaire - 10-09-2024, 09:38 PM
RE: Howdy Pow. Chicken Soup - by kyonides - 10-09-2024, 03:43 AM
RE: Howdy Pow. Chicken Soup - by Solitaire - 10-09-2024, 09:45 PM
RE: Howdy Pow. Chicken Soup - by DerVVulfman - 10-10-2024, 02:25 AM
RE: Howdy Pow. Chicken Soup - by Solitaire - 10-10-2024, 03:06 AM
RE: Howdy Pow. Chicken Soup - by Solitaire - 10-10-2024, 11:03 PM
RE: Howdy Pow. Chicken Soup - by Remi-chan - 10-12-2024, 09:28 AM