Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 To talk like a certain race or a certain colour...
This is an interesting discussion. I have a few thoughts:
Firstly, "color" is only a physical term used to describe some cultures. This isn't always the case, however. Many times we like to bunch people in and say "they are acting black" when it is quite clear (I live in an urban environment and see this all the time) they are acting urban. I've seen people of EVERY race talking and acting in that manner, just as I've seen a person of every race acting in what punk labeled "white."
In terms of talking, you could also take it even further and say "you talk southern," "you talk New England," and "you speak British." There are different dialects for different regions. I'm sure some of the words that Olivia uses are different than the U.S., but perfectly acceptable. Words like theatre and centre are English but not used in the U.S. Are they wrong? No, just different.
Color has nothing to do with it. It has more to do with geographical location. It's a culture based dialect.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
To talk like a certain race or a certain colour... - by Alpha-Mad - 10-21-2009, 04:22 PM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Let's talk about coding. MetalRenard 4 6,019 01-23-2019, 03:29 PM
Last Post: MetalRenard