Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 The Soul
DerVVulfman Wrote:I really have no idea how souls were first formed. Maybe they are an extension of God. Maybe he made them separately. But I do believe everyone has a soul. As to some dogma, I believe the Jewish refer to the 'Guff' as the source of all souls and when the last soul is used, the end of days begins. *shrugs*

I believe in re-incarnation. I am a twin who's baby sister died at birth. However... I know someone who was borne a few years later who has the same tastes and had an upbringing involving parents in a parallel manner. We even compared scars (a little nod to Jaws, but true). And I swear, we even had headaches at the same time. I feel in my heart as she does... she 'is' my twin sister.

Now I know some people feel this is touchie, but I do not believe that the soul is in a fetus. The soul needs a brain 'developed enough' to house the soul. Until the infant is mature enough, the soul will not enter. So not until like midway or third trimester?

Guff means body actually. The shachina is G-d who gives us a nefesh, or soul. :) I haven't ever heard of that Jewish belief of souls ending, but it could be true and found somewhere in the Kabbalah/Zohar.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
The Soul - by Lyric - 11-03-2009, 03:23 PM
The Soul - by EJlol - 11-03-2009, 04:44 PM
The Soul - by MusicalSwordsman - 11-04-2009, 06:59 PM
The Soul - by DerVVulfman - 11-14-2009, 12:19 AM
The Soul - by Harvester_Of_Sorrow - 11-14-2009, 02:05 AM
The Soul - by Prof. Meow Meow - 11-14-2009, 07:04 AM
The Soul - by Lyric - 11-15-2009, 10:50 PM