Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 To talk like a certain race or a certain colour...
Oh, this is one of the reasons I dropped out of high school. People would do exactly what you mentioned whenever I spoke, and I didn't speak very much. I'd hear out the corner of my ear "she's the whitest black girl I've seen/heard". First of all, I'm not black, I'm hispanic, and how am I the whitest black girl you've ever seen/heard? What is it about me? Is it because I am my own individual and didn't fit in with the crowd that watched BET 24/7? Because I didn't fit in with all the 14 year old pregnant girls who though being pregnant at 14 was "cool" when they probably knew the baby's father would leave (or didn't even know who the baby's father was). Or maybe it's because I didn't wear Baby Phat and Apple Bottoms or whatever that crap was called.
Oh, no, wait it was because I spoke english the way it was meant to be spoken... Hmm, my mistake. I'm sorry I had GUIDANCE as a child and knew not to do what I saw on TV... I'm sorry I read books as a child and knew how to speak proper english. But not a lot of people had what I had.

I can go on and on with this topic, it's not JUST the speech, it is also the way people act that can also determine if the person is "acting a color".
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
To talk like a certain race or a certain colour... - by Yin - 10-31-2009, 01:34 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   Let's talk about coding. MetalRenard 4 5,932 01-23-2019, 03:29 PM
Last Post: MetalRenard