Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again
3)

With the guard safely out of sight, Daniel and Robin continued their journey down the corridor.

Daniel couldn't believe that she'd actually killed a guy. Maybe there was more to his childhood friend than he'd believed...

He gave her a coveted glance beneath his eyelashes, noticing her set jaw, and steely gaze. Had she changed in that instant? Or had she always been this way?

If he thought back to the games they'd always played as children, he could remember that she'd always been a little more malevolent than the rest of the kids they played with. Daniel could remember at least one instance where Robin had bashed his knuckles in when they were stick fighting. She hadn't let up, either. Instead, she'd become even more vicious.

Perhaps he was now seeing Robin as she truly was. This thought brought him no comfort. Robin had murdered a guard, and he'd stood by and let it happen. Their lives could never be normal again.

"Robin--" He hesitated, not knowing how to broach this subject with her. "You realize that we're not gonna get away with this. When that guard is found--"

"You worry too much." She interrupted. "We'll be fine. No one can prove that it was us."

"But--"

"Drop it, Danny Boy. Let's just hurry up and get we came for."

"Don't you even feel remorse?" He demanded.

"Would it change anything if I did?" She shook her head. "No, it wouldn't. So, just drop it. I did what I had to do, and that's that. If you think about it, I saved our skins. Elves...even half elves, are not welcome in this country. Your heritage alone could get you killed."
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Round Robin 1.3: The Saga Continues Again - by kalier - 06-25-2009, 03:46 AM