Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Commercial Recruitment and Resources
Hello and good day! This is NOT a recruitment thread (otherwise it would be posted in Recruitment and Classifieds section), this is more about how to go about it.

The thing is, I've been wanting to recruit some help for awhile now, but I haven't because I'm not entirely sure if its going to be a freebie project or a commercial game, probably won't know until the day its done. I've worked 3 years to try and make something that is tangible and 100% original, I treat it like a second job and set goals and deadlines for it, so in that aspect I feel that the time spent means I should one day make something back from it. On the other hand, if it doesn't live up to being as awesome as I want it to be, it would be posted for free for everybody to enjoy (or hate, lol.)

So yeah, how do you recruit for something like that? Obviously, I will always be thankful for anything anybody has contributed, but other than that I don't really have much to offer and could only promise some kind of royalty or pay-back agreement if the game went on market. Even then, what if the thing we all work so hard on totally bombs or gets killed by piracy or whatever? Then what?

While I'm on the subject, what about these "free for commercial or non-commercial use" agreements folks submit on forums? I usually try to steer away from pretty much anything that isn't made by me, even if it has that agreement, because I don't want to have to remove it from my project a few years down the road if somebody changes their mind. Surely, I do use SDK and MACL, and a few things personal and trusted friends have sent me, but I worry that I can get screwed over if somebody decides they don't want their stuff being used (hence, I don't use Ccoa's UMS.)

These are the things that I think about, and the reasons I've never recruited, so feel free to discuss below because it could help us all out.
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Commercial Recruitment and Resources - by Kain Nobel - 04-03-2012, 01:41 PM