Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lag from Erased/deleted events
So while experimenting with SephirothSpawn's Event Spawner I come across spouts of lag. After some experimentation I discover the fault is not with the script itself, but something in RMXP or its scripts.

The problem is, after several attacks through my work in progress ABS, the game starts to lag. The Parallel Process events that are being summoned from another map, despite being deleted, are lagging the game as more of them build up. They're not visible, nor are they playing out. But they're still lagging.

I discover I can avoid some lag by having the events move to co-ordinates 0, 0 via Set Event Location - though the lag just moves to that area. This probably won't be an issue if I keep map access away from that corner (as well as other edges), but the issue remains.

Creating about 28 identical events in the map, not related to the script, causes the same issue. These are all Parallel Processes that move to the top left corner, then are deleted. Granted, one would probably never need to have so many Parallel Process events in one map (though I imagine RM2k3 didn't care), but this number could easily reach with the event spawner.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Lag from Erased/deleted events - by Taylor - 05-29-2012, 05:28 AM
RE: Lag from Erased/deleted events - by Taylor - 06-01-2012, 06:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  VXA question regarding off-screen events JayRay 2 5,305 11-18-2013, 03:05 AM
Last Post: JayRay
  Any way to make events trigger other events? MechanicalPen 3 6,287 04-01-2013, 11:54 PM
Last Post: MechanicalPen
  how do i sequence a chain of events? shintashi 5 8,518 01-05-2012, 01:42 AM
Last Post: KasperKalamity
  777 with events Ace 2 6,029 01-23-2011, 12:29 PM
Last Post: Ace