Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
 Belly of the Beast (O.G. Version)
FOUND : Old Version of this Project

Thanks to Steel Beast 6Beets for bringing The Beast back!

He has privately PM'd me the O.G. Version and shall forever be in the Special Thanks section of the credits!

What that means is the link above has been restored! Thanks a million! And, if that ever goes down, I've saved it (of course!)

CHECK THE TOP POST FOR THE RESTORED LINK!

NEW VIDEO : Belly of the Beast O.G. Longplay

SPOILER ALERT! : I've uploaded an entire playthrough video; no commentary, no edits, no gimmicks.

This is when Beast was in it's pure infancy stage; No special menus. No special battle system. No animated battlers. No run, jump, swim, climb, push, pull, etc. Stock characters.

The great thing about this stage of the game's timeline is the sheer simplicity and it's minimalistic approach to development.

Anyways, hope you enjoy the video! Feel free to like and subscribe (because if you don't I will haunt you in your dreams and bring you chaos (Just kidding!))

Contemplation : Bringing Back Chapter 2?

I'm not promising to bring back Chapter 2 but I am definitely thinking about it. If you see the 2nd post, with a bunch of screenshots dealing with snow and such, yes I did fully flesh that area out and finish it. It's too bad I didn't just release it when it was ready, but I got busy with work and life (and the lack of balance in work-life.)

So I may bring back Chapter 2; it would need to be retroactively forked to the O.G. build. Would require some work, but this is feasible I believe.

Anything beyond it? Highly doubtful I'd retroactively add Chapters 3 through 8 because of internal changes in the game engine and other technical difficulties. It'd be too much working backwards when I'm trying to push forward. I'd rather finish the REGAL engine and all its components, for which the modern game is built on. By the time it is all done, BEAST will probably be one solid release from beginning to end with no preview demos, betas or anything like that.
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Belly of the Beast (O.G. Version) - by Kain Nobel - 11-25-2012, 09:19 AM
RE: Belly of the Beast - by Kain Nobel - 02-18-2015, 12:08 PM
RE: Belly of the Beast - by Kain Nobel - 01-16-2023, 12:09 PM
RE: Belly of the Beast - by Kain Nobel - 01-17-2023, 11:36 AM