Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Sodomite Suppression Act
DISCLAIMER : I am not homophobic, so please do not shoot the messenger. Also, I was going to post this in "What's On Your Mind?" thread but figured it'd be better in its own thread as this is kind of a hot button topic. Feel free to discuss this and share it with your friends but please keep the conversation on this website civil. Discussion of this particular subject on this website, outside of this topic, is forbidden so please do not let it leak into the shout-box or over to other threads as it could lead to a suspension to your account. Also, administration reserves the right to close this topic whenever they deem it necessary.

About the Sodomite Suppression Act

I recently came across this little piece of news; An evangelical lawyer from Sacramento, CA, named Matt Gregory McLaughlin, filed a piece of anti-LGBT legislature which calls for the shooting of homosexuals in the head, dubbed the Sodomite Suppression Act. At first, I was questioning if this was a hoax but, with all the coverage, it seems to be legit.

Certainly it hasn't been passed into law, but it is said he must collect 365,000 ballot signatures to make it into the books. Of course, it's highly unlikely to pass because a.) obviously, cold blooded murder is a crime b.) a federal judge in CA deemed the death penalty unconstitutional c.) everybody in the USA has a right to due process and d.) separation of church and state is supposed to be law of the land. There is also the Supreme Court case of Lawrence VS Texas which, according to snopes.com, supposedly makes LGBT activity legal in all US states and territories, but one would have to do further research on the subject. As of this writing, it is said there are 4,000 signatures on the ballot.

There is currently a change.org petition to have Matthew Gregory McLaughlin disbarred from practicing law in California, as of this writing 48,927 people have signed, only 1,073 more signatures is needed to reach the 50,000 goal. I do wonder if there is a way to convict this guy on the basis of hate speech, this is one of the most offensive pieces of proposed legislature I've heard in awhile. Of course, that itself is a grey area, considering the KKK's practice of burning crosses is protected by law too, such a shame.

Author's Opinions

This makes me question the law of the land as well as biblical texts. Where in the bible does God condemn homosexuality? Certainly He states to "be fruitful and multiply," but in these times it seems we would be better off if people limited themselves from child bearing for awhile. One fact is the LGBT community cannot procreate, another fact is many of them are trying to adopt children whom have been orphaned by their parents for whatever reason. The whole situation is bigoted and anti-progressive, there are way more important issues than being offended by "love" of any kind.

...That's what it comes down to really, people being offended by love and attraction, countering it with violence and hate.

I just recently got back from vacation in California and the issues I saw was the fact that, aside from the Napa Valley grape vines, much of the farm land has been razed and is now barren, with much of the water is being redirected to LA. It is quite sad to see dried out farming communities affected so much, but persecuting the LGBT community does not change the fact that every race, gender and sexuality use water and need it to survive. I highly doubt this is "God's wrath" over "gay marriage" but, of course, if that's what people want to believe...

@_@

I apologize about this long rant, but I really do wish people would focus on the real issues and quit using their religion as justification for hate and bigotry. Aside from that, isn't it time for somebody to start writing the New New Testament? The current one we have seems to be for an age when war and disease was rampant, where birthrates were low and mortality rates were high. At approximately 7 billion people on this planet, the whole "be fruitful and multiply" line seems outdated and rather dangerous to mankind and Earth itself, doesn't it?

Conclusion

Free will is abundant but common sense is fast becoming scarce, we each need to walk the path of enlightenment for the betterment of human civilization. Good day to you all and thanks to whoever took the time to read this post.
[Image: Button-BOTB.png]
[Image: Save-Point.gif][Image: Button-You-Tube2.png][Image: Button-Sound-Cloud2.png][Image: Button-Audio-Mack2.png]
[Image: LS-Banner.gif]
NEW ALBUM OUT NOW!

}

Messages In This Thread
Sodomite Suppression Act - by Kain Nobel - 03-26-2015, 10:31 AM
RE: Sodomite Suppression Act - by Ahzoh - 03-27-2015, 02:16 AM
RE: Sodomite Suppression Act - by KasperKalamity - 03-26-2015, 05:46 PM
RE: Sodomite Suppression Act - by KasperKalamity - 03-26-2015, 08:17 PM
RE: Sodomite Suppression Act - by KasperKalamity - 03-26-2015, 09:33 PM
RE: Sodomite Suppression Act - by MetalRenard - 03-26-2015, 09:34 PM
RE: Sodomite Suppression Act - by JayRay - 03-26-2015, 09:57 PM
RE: Sodomite Suppression Act - by Samven - 03-27-2015, 12:29 AM