Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
 Over 999 Animations? Is it possible/codeable?
I've a question/issue which I wanted to ask about it. But I was too afraid from the reactions.
I think now its time to talk.
Im using RPG XP btw.

First of all, hear me out.
In my project The battle system has a very important meaning. This is why I included many skills and animations for both heros and enemies. And actually im very proud at what I did. Honestly.
But over time as I proceeded withhin the project, I understood that Im coming more and more to the limit. I only have some empty spaces left. Like 40 - 50. Now you'll ask me why I posting this while I still have some animations left. Well, I want to engage the problem beforehand. I dont want me to be in a situation where I cant continue. This is why im asking now. Beforehand.

I know that the Maker only has a limit of 999 Animations. And I know that this is officially the maximum amount of animation. But the limit for maps for example is also limited to 999 and we all know that we can get pass 999 maps via script. I've seen alot of these scripts. And im currently reading some of them to better understood how they work.

Now, you will ask me how this could be look like or work like?
Wouldnt it be possible to edit the script or create another script that reads the animation from a second date which is called Animations2.rxdata? The extra 999 animations could be assigned to skills, status, items via script.
For example like:
ExtraAnimationSkill_Assign[1] = [560]
ExtraAnimationStatus_Assign[2] = [561]
ExtraAnimationItem_Assign[3] = [561]

The code would mean:
The Skill (ID 1) has the animation 560 from the Animations2.rxdata...

My Project depends on whether this could be implemented or not. I think it is possible. But of course theory and practice are different.
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Over 999 Animations? Is it possible/codeable? - by RASHIDA12 - 10-09-2016, 10:20 AM

Possibly Related Threads…
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
   RMXP SKill animations too bright (overlaying the battle screen) Starmage 4 9,148 06-13-2016, 03:41 AM
Last Post: Starmage
   Combat animations via scripting; How? ZeroSum 2 4,548 09-20-2013, 06:58 PM
Last Post: ZeroSum
   Using animations in a scene (unrelated to battles and maps) PK8 4 8,048 11-17-2009, 10:54 AM
Last Post: PK8
   animations b4 titlescreen maxx070994 1 3,946 08-20-2009, 09:01 PM
Last Post: Miss Lalaba