Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
 Paragons
Update again! (Gazeteer Edition)

First, I want to thank Jesse from PV games for his awesome new freebies package. This new package, freely available on RPGMakerWeb.com, allows for anyone to play around with character creation before investing...

With that being said. In IRC tonight, I had a brainstorm, regarding the idea of being able to choose different items, plugins, and methods of adding things like armors, I really want people to be able to diversify, but not at the cost of potentially game-breaking metagaming, where you instantly flock towards the Fullplate.

So, i got myself a solution!!! (YAY!)

Items that do not affect your stats will be freely available to change, swap out, and even use the built in hue generator to change hues During creation. However, things like Armor, Weapons, Shields and Helms will NOT upon initial character generation. You want those things? Well, a harsh 'DM' would say... EARN them, but me? I believe that depending on your answers to a backstory dialog, you might have a better opportunity to get some items than others...

However, I'm going to make that part of the game story itself, NOT a metagame character build process.

Secondly, while I still think Fast Travel is the way to go with my game, someone at work pointed out that some of his old games had an overland feature, with everything zoomed out. Previously I was sort of against that because I didn't want someone to just say "Oh look, that Crypt of the Lost Paladial is right there in the woods!" Then it hit me... On any certain map I can designate switches based on whether a player touches a region or not. SO... I thought about having 250 or so different 'pressure plates' on an overland world map. This may allow one to actually journey throughout a large world, see the sights, and 'stumble upon' a specific dungeon or delve, ala Open World. Once the world has been entered, of course, it will also be available on the Fast Travel list as a new delve, so that you can get back there if you so need (or if you at 5th level stumble upon a crypt with a 50th level Skeletal Cyrican, and barely escape, vowing to return one day)

FINALLY:

[Image: Sr3VqxZ.jpg]
I got really lucky... I got really lucky and only lost tonight's work... See, I was doing a batch resize and save through Photoshop Save For Web, because it seems to be the only way I can use an action to save a large group of files while preserving the file name. However, the saved PNG files were being saved with the least possible file size from another setting before (white mats, diffusion instead of real transparency) so my character pieces were showing up all weird... with that being said,

BACK UP YOUR WORK DAILY!
This has been a public service announcement by JayRay
[Image: yy7iKKb.png]

ITCH: jayray.itch.io
Currently working on Goblin Gulch (MV)
Currently working on JayVinci Resurrection
Currently working on Bakin ABS (BAKIN)
Reply }

Messages In This Thread
Paragons - by JayRay - 09-09-2017, 05:12 AM
RE: Paragons - by JayRay - 09-18-2017, 03:19 AM
RE: Paragons - by JayRay - 10-07-2017, 01:55 AM